2nd Shinkokai Malaysia Koi Show 2012
  • AndreaAndrea December 2011
    Dear All,

Shinkokai Malaysia are proud to announce that the 2nd Shinkokai Malaysia Koi Show will be held at Sunway Putra Mall on either mid or end of March 2011.

Please kindly note that all entries will be via the supporting dealers stated in Shinkokai website. Kindly contact them for the bookings of your tanks now.

We will be posting the rules and regulations along with other information of the show soon.

Please start preparing your kois for this grand event in 2012!

See you there.
    Post edited by AndySitt at 2012-02-22 07:55:22 pm
  • ShukriShukri December 2011
    Hi Andrea,
    Is it the same venue as the last Wakagoi Show?
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • megatronmegatron December 2011
    Bro Andrea,

How soon can the date be confirmed? I hope it will not fall during the school holiday. TQ.
    Don't ask me why!!!
  • DanleeDanlee December 2011
    Bro Shukri,

It is diff venue from the last Wakagoi Show. The new venue is Sunway Putra Mall (previously known as "The Mall") opposite Putra World Trade Centre.
    Hi Daniel, how are you? It has been a while since we last communicated. Your kois must be doing fine. Since I came back from Mecca, today is the first day that I am cleaning my pond. Fishes are healthy......thanks to the help from Bro Seng Choon i.e. taking care of my kois and pond during my absence. The Tomahawk is recovering quite well but there is still work to be done. I will post the picture of the damage pectoral fin when I have the time to take the pictures.
    My Seijuro Ginrin Showa is progressing well, and I believed it is a female i.e. from the body and the Hi coloration. My Omosako Shiro Utsuri (also a female) is developing quite well. These two can for sure enter the Show....

Andrea, sorry to hijack your thread here........ :)
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    Post edited by Shukri at 2011-12-30 04:47:52 am
  • WinlimWinlim December 2011
    Yeah. I hope it will not be held during the school holidays
  • JamesJames December 2011
    Guys, meticulous effort goes into organizing a show and sometimes date, venue, etc is not so easily determined due to schedule of judges too. As such, we hope that the support will not change even if it had to be scheduled during the school holidays.

And to make this show even more exciting, we intend to practice changing of show chairmanship. This will enable seasoned hobbyists to work with new hobbyists and vice versa. I think the hobby is dynamic and that new blood can sometimes add excitement to the hobby. The exchange of views, transfer of knowledge and willingness to share all make new bonds that I, and am sure many else, enjoy the hobby a little more.

For this round, Seng Choon has kindly accepted the invitation for the position of show chairman and with his vast experience in the hobby and keen selection skills, I am certain he will be a jewel to the show.

However to make this show work, we would like to invite hobbyists to volunteer for the show committee positions too. This is the main show and unlike Wakagoi, will demand more manpower and time to co-ordinate.

To ease the burden of the show on the chairman, we have enlarged the committee team to include vice chairman, head judge, asst head judge and volunteers for judging team heads and members, benching head and members.

So for those who can offer their assistance, please list your names here:

1. Seng Choon (show chairman)
    2. James (advisory)
    Post edited by James at 2011-12-30 05:22:44 pm
  • mrkoimrkoi December 2011
    James, u can count me in. I would love to help.
  • lautslauts December 2011
    Haji Doc Shukri ,

Welcome back. :)

ts
  • sivakoisivakoi December 2011
    Hi I'm a youngling. I would love to help out if i'm needed.
  • SengChoonSengChoon December 2011
    Hi Mr Koi and Sivakoi,

Thanks for volunteering.

Would you be so kind enough to PM me your mobile number for administration purposes.

Thank you.

• AndreaAndrea December 2011
    Mr. Daniel,

We have given 2 dates, either 16th – 18th March 2012 or 23rd – 25th March 2012. Will update everyone once i got the confirmation.
    Post edited by Andrea at 2011-12-30 08:21:42 pm

2. James (advisory)
    3. Mr.Koi
    4. Sivakoi
    5. Daniel Chew (Only available on 23 to 25 March)

Hi Andrea, Thanks for the info.

Don't ask me why!!!
  • kumarishnakumarishna December 2011
    Pls count me in as a volunteers as well.
    My 100% support to you all.

2. James (advisory)
    3. Mr.Koi
    4. Sivakoi
    6. Kumarishna
    Don't ask me why!!!
    Congratulation to Bro Seng Choon as Show Chairman..... :)
  • KevinKevin December 2011
    Count me in as well

2. James (advisory)
    3. Mr.Koi
    4. Sivakoi
    6. Kumarishna
    7. Kevin

Don't ask me why!!!
  • SengChoonSengChoon January 2012
    Thanks Bro Shukri.

Thank you Kevin for volunteering.

Could you pls pm me your mobile number as well for our administration or planning purposes?
  • ShukriShukri January 2012
    Bro Seng Choon, since you are the Show Chairman, you can count on my personal support, possibly in the area of the Judging Team.......

Cheers Bro.....
  • JamesJames January 2012
    Bro Shukri, jealous la... :-))
  • ikankoikauikankoikau January 2012
    Bro,
    Count me in but still subject to my availability. I am hoping that I would be around on THE day.
    Tq
    Bro Shukri & Bro IKK,

Thank you for the support. It is indeed an honour to have you two veteran koi hobbyist on the show team.

Bro Shukri,

Noted your preference.

Bro IKK,

Will keep my fingers crossed that you will be around not only for the day, but for the weekend as well. :)

• AndreaAndrea January 2012
    Dear All,

Happy New Year everyone!

You may start registering your Kois through our dealers.

Kindly contact them for your entries now.

Andrea,
    Which are the dealers that are supporting the 2nd Show?
  • AndreaAndrea January 2012
    Dear Shukri,

You may refer to our website. http://www.shinkokai.com.my
  • KaajKaaj January 2012
    Maybe a little early to register, considering the Rules & Regulations have yet to be published :)
  • MikeMike January 2012
    Count me in but I am a newbie.
  • JamesJames January 2012
    All newbies welcome and this will fast track learning about koi. U will b able to see koi and compare.
    Bro James,
    Do let us know once the date has been confirmed. Actually my leave has been approved for the initial koi show in febuary. It looks like I got to re apply again. The earlier the better to get the leave slot.

Thanks bro.
    Bro IKK,

The tentative dates for the show are between these 2 weekends: 16-18 March or 23-25 March.

The main reason for the delay in the show dates confirmation is that we are still awaiting confirmation from the Japanese judges on their travel dates. We hope you guys can be patient with us as we with the judges. We shall update this forum as soon as we get confirmation at our end.

Our sincere apologies for the delay.

Cheers bro.

Hi everyone,

We have just received word from Japan this morning that the judges shall be available on 16-18 March weekend. Hence it is now confirmed that Shinkokai 2012 shall be held on 16-18 March 2012 at Sunway Putra Mall.

We shall be releasing the show rules and regulations very soon as we are finalising some other details. In the meantime, sit back and begin preparing your kois.

Cheers!

Thanks for the update.......
  • WinlimWinlim January 2012
    Bro,

Where is Sunway Putra Mall?
    Used to be called the Mall next to Legend Hotel.........
  • megatronmegatron January 2012
    Thanks for the update. Too bad, I wouldn't be able to join this time as I will be back only on 17th of March.
    Don't ask me why!!!
    No prob bro. You can always join the auction on 18 March. :)
    Thanks for the confirmation bro.
  • JoshuaChinJoshuaChin January 2012

2. James (advisory)
    3. Mr.Koi
    4. Sivakoi
    6. Kumarishna
    7. Kevin
    8. Joshua Chin
  • AnuarAnuar January 2012
    Bro Seng Choon,

Just got the green light...

2. James (advisory)
    3. Mr.Koi
    4. Sivakoi
    6. Kumarishna
    7. Kevin
    8. Joshua Chin
    9. Anuar (17 March - full day)
  • megatronmegatron January 2012
    Bro Seng Choon,

Just got the green light...

2. James (advisory)
    3. Mr.Koi
    4. Sivakoi
    5. Kumarishna
    6. Kevin
    7. Joshua Chin
    8. Anuar (17 March - full day)

Sorry Seng Choon, not available to help this round.
    Don't ask me why!!!
  • MikeMike January 2012
    I'll help out.

Michael
  • etanoetano January 2012
    Bro, I should be traveling for work this week. Sorry cannot help.
    MyKoiKichi.com ~ A new koi blog.
    Bro Anuar & Bro Joshua,

Thanks for volunteering. Appreciate all your time and efforts.

Bro Megatron & Bro Elmen

No problem. I understand you have your domestic & office obligations. But can you fishes attend ah? I am sure you have many great show fishes to parade.

TO ALL VOLUNTEERS,

Would appreciate if you could pm me your e-mail addresses so as to facilitate us in circulating any announcement or information directly to volunteers

Post edited by SengChoon at 2012-01-13 06:39:34 am
  • %5BDeleted+User%5D[Deleted User] January 2012
    wish i can offer my help...kinda far away...lol...if the misses let me play with you guys then i go...she be going for vacation in Langkawi and maybe i see you guys...just maybe lo...
    Dear everyone,

We are pleased to announce the show rules and regulations for 2nd Shinkokai Malaysia Show. Please refer to the file attached for more details.

Unlike last year, this year's show is expected to have a very high public exposure as the show venue is expected to be next to one of the venues of MATTA fair and the venue is accessible to the public by virtue of it being in a shopping mall. Hence, this year’s show will see the introduction of koi entries using PVC bags so as to encourage more hobbyist to participate and to accommodate hobbyist who do not have many koi entries.

Due to the timing of this year’s show, a variation in the smaller size categories is made as we will not be expecting to see many small tosai fishes in the month of February/March. Therefore, koi entries are expected to start at 25bu instead of 12bu as in the previous year.

In serving the interest of all hobbyist, there will be many mouth-watering events lined up to spice up the show further, including an event that provides avenues for hobbyist to put up their participating/winning kois for sale via a tender exercise, auction by breeders or supporting dealers, special sale of koi food and equipment and etc.

Not forgetting our supporting dealers, we shall also be serving up special feature presentation on all our supporting dealers and a peek into their roots, background, aspirations, work philosophy and operations. All these will be released during the show.

I hope the brief sneak previews of the coming 2012 Shinkokai Show would have wet your appetite for what is in store this coming March. So in the meantime, please stay tuned as we make the appropriate announcements when we rolled out the relevant programs in the coming weeks.

Cheers,
    Seng Choon

Post edited by SengChoon at 2012-01-21 11:23:55 pm
    There seems to be some problem with uploading the attachment. Will get help from the Administrator to sort this out. Many apologies.
  • AndySittAndySitt January 2012
    Seng Choon, you did manage to upload the file.. I just download the doc file and export it as pdf...

Thanks.
    Many thanks Andy. Tried uploading the pdf many times, but failed. So had to use the word file then.
  • SengChoonSengChoon February 2012
    Hi everyone,

Now that the festive is over, we can shift our focus to roll out the activities of the coming Shinkokai Malaysia Koi Show.

To start the ball rolling, I am pleased to announce that members of Shinkokai Malaysia Koi Show's organising committee are as folllows:

Shukri Saad (Deputy Show Chairman & Head of Judging Event)
    Chak Wai Kong (Head of Benching)
    Jeremy Lim (Deputy Head of Benching)
    Borman (Deputy Head of Judging)
    Andrea Foong (Secretariat & Treasury)
    James Lim
    KY Sim

In the coming days, we shall be providing more information on the show, particularly on supporting dealers, sponsors, events at the show, benching protocols, FAQ on daily benching of kois (for those without tank), etc.

So in the meantime, stay tuned.

• ShukriShukri February 2012
    Hi there koi kichis,
    Nice to catch up with all of you again. Firstly, a special thank you to Bro Seng Choon for his confidence in me to be his side kick and also putting my goodself to oversee & assist the Shinkokai Judges during the event. I am confident that with Captain Borman's assistance, the judging will be a smooth affair.

For those that have decided to participate in the show (which I hope that everyone will come in numbers, the kois that is) to prepare their fishes as there are not that many days left before the show.

We encourage the participants to book their tanks from the participating dealers (the names will be confirmed ASAP). The tank sizes and the prices are as per the Show Rules & Regulations.

Together, lets make this Show a successful and memorable event. Newbies and experience koi kichis, show us what you have....... This koi community is about sharing, so share with us your beloved kois..........

The FAQ on daily benching of the kois will follow suit, so stay tune.
  • AnuarAnuar February 2012
    Dear Bros,

I am just wondering why is there a need to bench bagged kois on two days. And secondly for those with tub, can the second day benching be skipped?

Thanks and all the best to the show committees!
    Hi Bro Anuar,

The benching of kois on two days are mainly for participants who do not rent tanks and these are only applicable to kois at 55bu and below only. Kois over 55bu are required to be placed in rented tanks and daily benching shall not apply.

Participants with rented tanks are only required to bench kois on friday and de-bench on sunday.

Hope the clarification is clear.

Cheers,

Shinkokai Malaysia is pleased to have the following dealers as our supporting dealers for the 2nd Shinkokai Malaysia Koi Show:

1) Yamakoshi Mura (Tropicana, KL and Penang)
    2) Gosanke Koi (Taman Desa, Kuala Lumpur)
    3) Wong Koi (Ipoh)

Hobbyist can now start booking their show tanks with the above mentioned dealers.
    Post edited by SengChoon at 2012-02-14 06:42:29 pm
    We are pleased to announce that Cheras Aquarium has joined as supporting dealer of the 2nd Shinkokai Malaysia Koi Show. Hence, the list of supporting dealers are as follows:

3) Wong Koi (Ipoh)
    4) Cheras Aquarium (Near PGRM, Cheras)

Another dealer has come forward to support the show. We are pleased to have Aquafarm Resources joining us as one of the supporting dealers for the Klang Valley. They are currently located next to a nursery named Peace Garden nearby Giant Kelana Jaya, next to a new tunnel that is being constructed.

Hence, our latest list of supporting dealers are:

3) Wong Koi (Ipoh)
    4) Cheras Aquarium (Near PGRM, Cheras)
    5) Aquafarm Resources (Kelana Jaya, PJ)

On another note, due to popular demand arising from the Wakagoi Show and to continue the precedent set, we shall have the selection of Ms Shinkokai via web voting. To start the ball rolling, here are eight candidates for your consideration. Everyone can vote for 2 who will grace our show on March 18. :D

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/5822/Ms Shinkokai (Part 1b).jpg

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/5823/Ms Shinkokai (Part 2b).jpg

Votes commences now and ends on 4 March 2012.

Jane Kwan
    1) Shukri Saad
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)

Sonia Ng
    1) Seng Choon
    2)

Jasmine Leong
    1)
    2)

Ka Man
    1) Seng Choon
    2) Shukri Saad
    3)
    4)
    5)

Penny Tan
    1)
    2)

Renee Hong
    1)
    2)

Cindy Rani
    1)
    2)

Renee Gan
    1)
    2)

Post edited by Shukri at 2012-02-16 06:56:57 pm
  • ikankoikauikankoikau February 2012

Jane Kwan
    1) Ikankoikau
    2)

Sonia Ng
    1) Seng Choon
    2)

Jasmine Leong
    1)
    2)

Ka Man
    1) Seng Choon
    2)

Penny Tan
    1)
    2)

Renee Hong
    1)
    2)

Cindy Rani
    1)
    2)

Renee Gan
    1) Ikankoikau
    2)

Wah Captain! You banyak awal ah? Jet lag ah? :)
  • megatronmegatron February 2012

Jane Kwan
    1) Ikankoikau
    2)

Sonia Ng
    1) Seng Choon
    2) megatron

Jasmine Leong
    1)
    2)

Ka Man
    1) Seng Choon
    2) megatron

Penny Tan
    1)
    2)

Renee Hong
    1)
    2)

Cindy Rani
    1)
    2)

Renee Gan
    1) Ikankoikau
    2)

Don't ask me why!!!

Jane Kwan
    1) Ikankoikau
    2) Shukri Saad
    3)
    4)
    5)

Sonia Ng
    1) Seng Choon
    2)

Jasmine Leong
    1)
    2)

Ka Man
    1) Seng Choon
    2) Shukri Saad
    3)
    4)
    5)

Penny Tan
    1)
    2)

Renee Hong
    1)
    2)

Cindy Rani
    1)
    2)

Renee Gan
    1) Ikankoikau
    2)
  • tomatomoontomatomoon February 2012

Jane Kwan
    1) Ikankoikau
    2) Shukri Saad
    3)
    4)
    5)

Sonia Ng
    1) Seng Choon
    2) Calvin

Jasmine Leong
    1)
    2)

Ka Man
    1) Seng Choon
    2) Shukri Saad
    3) Lennix
    4)
    5)

Penny Tan
    1)
    2)

Renee Hong
    1)
    2)

Cindy Rani
    1) Lennix
    2)

Renee Gan
    1) Ikankoikau
    2)calvin
    Post edited by tomatomoon at 2012-02-17 01:40:56 am
    I wonder where is our Bro Patrick Chong since his pet event is here d. :D
    Post edited by SengChoon at 2012-02-16 10:05:53 pm
  • PatrickChongPatrickChong February 2012
    SengChoon:

Bro, you want me to die ah... my gf will kill me soon...
    now other girls in my eyes i also dont have feeling lah...
    i ask my gf to pick tonight lah... haha

:-))
  • JamesJames February 2012
    aiya, every pond oso must have koi ma. if your pond already got, the build another pond lor... :-))
  • etanoetano February 2012
    Not sure I can turn up but no harm voting.

Jane Kwan
    1) Ikankoikau
    2) Shukri Saad
    3)
    4)
    5)

Sonia Ng
    1) Seng Choon
    2) Calvin
    3) etano

Jasmine Leong
    1)
    2)

Ka Man
    1) Seng Choon
    2) Shukri Saad
    3) Lennix
    4) etano
    5)

Penny Tan
    1)
    2)

Renee Hong
    1)
    2)

Cindy Rani
    1) Lennix
    2)

Renee Gan
    1) Ikankoikau
    2)calvin
    MyKoiKichi.com ~ A new koi blog.
    Who removed my vote? Come on..... Cannot come but at least let me vote Ma !!!

Jane Kwan
    1) Ikankoikau
    2) Shukri Saad
    3)
    4)
    5)

Sonia Ng
    1) Seng Choon
    2) Calvin
    3) etano
    4) megatron

Jasmine Leong
    1)
    2)

Ka Man
    1) Seng Choon
    2) Shukri Saad
    3) Lennix
    4) etano
    5) megatron

Penny Tan
    1)
    2)

Renee Hong
    1)
    2)

Cindy Rani
    1) Lennix
    2)

Renee Gan
    1) Ikankoikau
    2)calvin
    Don't ask me why!!!
    Post edited by megatron at 2012-02-17 06:31:11 am
    Bro Patrick,

Voting only wor. Didnt ask you to do anything else, unless you were thinking of something else. :D

Ka Man is leading........ :-D
  • DanleeDanlee February 2012

Jane Kwan
    1) Ikankoikau
    2) Shukri Saad
    3)
    4)
    5)

Sonia Ng
    1) Seng Choon
    2) Calvin
    3) etano
    4) megatron
    5) Danlee

Jasmine Leong
    1)
    2)

Ka Man
    1) Seng Choon
    2) Shukri Saad
    3) Lennix
    4) etano
    5) megatron

Penny Tan
    1)
    2)

Renee Hong
    1)
    2)

Cindy Rani
    1) Lennix
    2) Danlee

Renee Gan
    1) Ikankoikau
    2)calvin
    Shinkokai Malaysia is pleased to have Kokusai as the koi food sponsor of the 2nd Malaysia Koi Show.

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/5834/Kokusai Black Logo.png

Kokusai have been in Indonesia for more than 10 years and their products have been distributed to Europe and US. Kokusai currently offers two types of premium feeds for kois enthusiasts - Kokusai Spirulina and Kokusai Wheat-germ. Both koi food are loaded with a unique blend of vitamins and minerals to boost your koi's immune system, whilst promoting rapid growth, supreme colour enhancement and maintaining water purity. All ingredients are in their raw state with no presevatives. All Kokusai products contain garlic so kois are free from parasites and environmental stress.

Post edited by SengChoon at 2012-02-18 06:01:41 am
    Price and special promo during show details pls??
    Kokusai shall be having a very special promotion during the coming koi show. There will be various level of discounts offered at different time of the day during the show. I understand that discounts will start at 10% and will vary at different time of the day with limited units per promo. But again this is subject to confirmation by the sponsor.

Currently the retail price of Kokusai Spirulina is at RM145 and Kokusai Wheat-germ is at RM125. Both comes in large pellet size at 4kg a pack.
    Post edited by SengChoon at 2012-02-18 06:23:42 am
  • idrisidris February 2012

Jane Kwan
    1) Ikankoikau
    2) Shukri Saad
    3) Idris
    4)
    5)

Sonia Ng
    1) Seng Choon
    2) Calvin
    3) etano
    4) megatron
    5) Danlee

Jasmine Leong
    1)
    2)

Ka Man
    1) Seng Choon
    2) Shukri Saad
    3) Lennix
    4) etano
    5) megatron

Penny Tan
    1)
    2)

Renee Hong
    1)
    2)

Cindy Rani
    1) Lennix
    2) Danlee

Renee Gan
    1) Ikankoikau
    2)calvin
    3) idris
  • monscinemonscine February 2012
    Hahaha...nice nice...the heat is on :X
    Hi everyone,
    This is with regards to the upcoming Shinkokai Koi Show.
    There seemed to be a mis interpretation with regards to the Tank Rental and the number of fishes per the tank as specified in the Rules & Regulations.
    Below is the extract of the particular clause:-

2. CHARGES FOR KOI ENTRY (CONTD.)

For a1.25m tank, you can either have
    two 70bu to Jumbo size or
    three 45bu to 65bu size or
    six 40bu and below.

For a 1.5m tank, you can either have
    three 70bu to Jumbo size or
    five 45bu to 65bu or
    eight 40bu and below

For a 2.0m tank, you can either have
    five 70bu to Jumbo size or
    eight 45bu to 65bu or
    fourteen 40bu and below

The above guidelines will serve as a yardstick. Discretion should be exercise if you have combination of fish sizes as overstocking could cause grave complications which could lead to fish fatality in extreme cases. If in doubt, you can always check with anyone in the Show Committee.
    Post edited by Shukri at 2012-02-21 04:51:31 am
    With regards to the question on the benching and debenching of Kois below 55 bu.
    Below is the extract of the particular clause:-

8. BENCHING
    All participants are to ensure that koi entries at 55bu sizes and below are bagged and placed at the respective judging area by 9am on 17 March 2012 (Saturday) and at the display area by 9am on 18 March 2012 (Sunday). It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure that there is adequate water and oxygen for the fish during the show.

It is highly recommended that participants to book a tank so that benching and debenching of the kois 55 bu and below to be made easy. Those that choose to bench the kois from home are needed to do so on Sunday as well since you need to take home the kois after Saturday judging and debenching. As this is a Koi Show, and Sunday is for public viewing, hence the reason why you need to bring your kois again on Sunday.

Please contact us if you need further clarifications or related queries.
  • ikankoikauikankoikau February 2012
    Bro Shukri and committee members,

With regard to the benching of 55Bu and below, I am trying to be practical here. Honestly I think many hobbyist will not bother to bring their kois on Sunday especially when the kois haven't won any prizes. Even the hobbiyist themselves might not turn up if they don't win any prizes. I don't think the organizer can do anything about this. For the winners, maybe can be DQ but not for those who are unlucky.

Since public can view on Saturday(after judging) and Sunday, this issue can be addressed in practical manner. I suggest only the winners MUST bench their kois on Sunday and the rest are encouraged to do so especially participant who has holding tank.

Regards
    Welcome Idris. Good to have you in this voting.
    Shall we discuss this double benching for entry by bags? I think this topic needs to be addressed here for the benefit of all.

Second benching is only for winners of entry by bags and those with tanks need not bench again. This double benching only applies to entry by bags. Those with tank can leave their winning kois in the tank.
    Is Shinkokai website for registration ready?
    Don't ask me why!!!
    Wah Bro Daniel, so fast got koi measured and photographed??
    Bro James, just one piece to enter with 20bu. Can always get my daughter to net it & my son to take a nice shoot, :-D sigh! Too bad, I am not prepared this time around. :0&
    Don't ask me why!!!
    Dear koi hobbyist,

Kindly reserve your tank with any of the supporting dealer first. When we get confirmation from the dealers, then only we can assign the tank numbers to you. You will be required to provide the tank number when you register at the website.

Hi Bro Borman & James,
    Your frank opinions are appreciated and the comments noted. This will be discussed in the next committee meeting i.e. next Saturday.

Bro Daniel Lee (thanks for volunteering to be part of the Judging Team), you are welcome to join us.
    After thinking aloud, it really make sense and logical. Those kois that win prices should be brought back for the Sunday public viewing (for those that do not rent a tank), and for those that have rented tanks, you can leave the below 55 bu in the tanks.

But then you might want to bring back your kois due to SOMETHING that has not been announced yet. I can't jump the gun, so sit tight and wait for the news and confirmation. :-D
    Post edited by Shukri at 2012-02-21 05:35:49 pm
  • lautslauts February 2012
    Bros ,

I am available for 16th Mar full day . Be happy to volunteer :) Hand holding the Ms Shinkokai pun ok, not choosy :-D

ts
    Bro Lau, 16th got not Ms. Shinkokai la.... benching of fish, so u'll be hand holding a lot of bags.... :-))
  • MikeMike February 2012

Jane Kwan
    1) Ikankoikau
    2) Shukri Saad
    3) Idris
    4)
    5)

Sonia Ng
    1) Seng Choon
    2) Calvin
    3) etano
    4) megatron
    5) Danlee
    6)Mike

Jasmine Leong
    1)
    2)

Ka Man
    1) Seng Choon
    2) Shukri Saad
    3) Lennix
    4) etano
    5) megatron
    6)Mike

Penny Tan
    1)
    2)

Renee Hong
    1)
    2)

Cindy Rani
    1) Lennix
    2) Danlee

Renee Gan
    1) Ikankoikau
    2)calvin
    3) idris
  • lautslauts February 2012
    Aiyo , .... female with scale ok lah , committed to bro SC already , to be his slave for a day. Sun ada auction ka , can come to support ma .

ts

bro seng choon,
    why the Ms Shinkokai only got pic?
    should more info like catwalk video, phone, email, address ane "ETC"
    lol
    you buy koi also want see real koi or video lah, wont buy through pic mah...
    hehehehehehe
    Bro Patrick,

I tot you got locked up by your gf already. Say vote at night, then dissapear like a week. I tot u kena house arrest d!

Sure you can phone, e-mail and "ETC" ah? Nanti kena wear chastity belt baru tahu leh! :D

For your info, I still got buy koi seeing pic only. So still got hits and misses. Not everyone is a priviledge customer like you, can see video, catwalk and "ETC". :)
    Post edited by SengChoon at 2012-02-24 03:36:29 pm
    lol....
    Boss, i also buy koi seeing pic de..
    dont angry lah boss
    hehe

• idrisidris February 2012
    bro sengchoon..tq...i will vote for jane kwan and renee gan over and over again...thinking to register few name just to vote..hahahaha..joking only...
  • JaiJai February 2012
    i always wonder will there be a special prize like a car as a door prize for anyone to get at 2nd Shinkokai Malaysia Koi Show 2012 like the one will be going to be done at "1st Rinyukai Indonesia Super Koi Show 2012" on 15-17 June 2012?
    :-D :-D :-D

Bro Seng Choon/Shukri,

I have some questions while waiting for the FAQs:

1. Will the tub water be salted? If yes, at what %
    2. Additional facilities available, i.e. trolleys (to facilitate transportation from cars to show site, oxygen tank, etc)?

Thanks!
    Bro Idris,

You are most welcome. You can vote as many times as you want, but as long as its not "you". ;)

Bro Jai,

We do hope we can afford to give away a car as a door prize. But we need "super sponsors". Without that, having a car as a door prize would means we need to collect a higher entry fee, perhaps at a "jaw drop" rate. As this show is organised mainly to promote hobbyist and koi dealers, we need to make the show affordable i.e. affordable to organise and affordable to participate. Hence, we are always limited by budget. Otherwise, we may NOT have participation.

I believe Rinyukai would have gotten some super sponsors in view of its maiden show. Otherwise, having a car as door prize would have to come from the pockets of the hobbyists or dealers.

So Bro Jai, are you participating in Shinkokai?

Bro Anuar,

Thanks for your questions. Our responses are as below:

1) All tanks shall be salted at least 0.3%. We will endeavour to have it at 0.35%. But again there will be variances.

2) There will be trolleys to help hobbyist unload their fishes. Unloading can be done at the loading bay at ground floor, with the cargo lift bringing you straight to the show ground on level 4. Another option would be from level 5 car park, whereby the cargo lifts will also bring you straight to the show ground. We will put up a video to direct everyone to the loading bay, similarly like the one we did for Wakagoi.

Post edited by SengChoon at 2012-02-25 06:50:39 am
    Shinkokai Malaysia is pleased to announce that the remaining booths at the 2nd Shinkokai Malaysia Koi Show is now available for rental. The size of each booth is approximately 10 feet by 10 feet and the rental rate is at RM3,500 per booth.

Sponsors, supporting dealers and participants will enjoy a special rate of RM3,000 per booth. However, all reservations must be made by 5 March 2012 so as to facilitate preparation.

Interested parties may contact Ms Andrea Foong at 03-7727 9933 (ext 087) or myself at 016-211 6799 for reservation or clarification.
    Post edited by SengChoon at 2012-02-25 06:52:18 am
    Hi everyone,

Recently, there were a number of questions raised on the recommended stocking if various sizes of kois are applied as the current recommended stocking only address kois of similar sizes. Therefore in response to the various scenarios that may arise, the following weightage system shall apply in determining maximum stocking.

Under this system, koi of various sizes shall be given the following weightage:

i) Koi with size of 70bu and above - 3 units
    ii) Koi with size of 45bu to 65bu - 2 units
    iii) Koi with size of 40bu and below - 1 unit

Each tank size shall based its maximum stocking based the maximum weightage the kois accumulate.

The maximum number of kois that is to be placed in the various tank sizes shall follow the weightage set out as follows:

1.25m tank - 6 units
    1.5m tank - 8 units
    2.0m tank - 15 units

For example, if you rent a 1.25m tank, based on the weightage above, you may stock as follows as the maximum weightage allowed is 6 units:

i) 1 koi at 70bu, 1 koi at 60 bu and 1 koi at 40bu (3+2+1=6) or
    ii) 2 kois at 75bu (2x3=6) or
    iii) 1 koi at 65bu, 1 koi at 40bu and 2 kois at 30bu (2+1+(2 x 1)=6) or
    iv) 1 koi at 50bu, 1 koi at 60bu and 2 kois at 35bu (2+2+(2x1)=6) or
    v) 1 koi at 55 bu and 4 kois at 25bu (2+(4x1)=6) and etc.

If you rent a 1.5m tank, you may stock as follows as the maximum weightage allowed is 8:

i) 2 koi at 70bu and 1 koi at 60 bu ((2x3)+2=8) or
    ii) 4 kois at 60bu (4 x 2 = 8) or
    iii) 1 koi at 75bu, 2 kois at 60bu and 1 kois at 30bu (3+(2x2)+1=8) or
    iv) 3 koi at 65bu and 2 kois at 35bu ((3x2)+(2x1)=8) or
    v) 2 koi at 55 bu and 4 kois at 25bu ((2x2)+(4x1)=8) and etc.

Again, like what our Bro Shukri has said, the above guidelines will serve as a yardstick to determine the maximum stocking for the various tank sizes. Discretion should be exercise as overstocking will have grave complications which could lead to fish fatality. When in doubt, you can always check with any of the Show Committee members.

Post edited by SengChoon at 2012-02-26 01:47:48 am

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

test