KENKONA KOI- Healthy Koi
  • ikankoikauikankoikau March 2012
    Thank you for reading this thread. I will be glad to answer any question or comment on this medication.

Below is the write out that will be distributed during the show. Thanks for reading ;-)
    Post edited by ikankoikau at 2012-03-06 07:17:27 pm
    KENKONA KOI- THE SHOTGUN TREATMENT

Kenkona Koi was formulated by a hobbyist who understood about the dilemma, confusion, uncertainty and difficulty in treating koi or pond. When there are so many medications available with so many purposes, a hobbyist can easily diagnose wrong medication for the wrong reason.

Without a proper equipment (such as microscope) and experience, to diagnose and cure a disease can be troublesome. The needs of chasing, netting and inspecting will take a lot of effort and will certainly stress the affected koi further.

Kenkona Koi has made it easier when you can treat the koi or pond just by visually observing the koi’s behavior and symptoms. With its wide coverage of capability, almost all problems can be solved with one solution. Kenkona Koi’s benefits which stated on the label are based on actual test results on the koi and ponds. To date, very impressive successful rate has been achieved.

For hobbyist without proper quarantine facility, short bath with Kenkona Koi will be ideal to minimize problems when introducing new koi into the pond or after a koi show. Kenkona Koi or any medication can never replace proper quarantine procedure. However quarantine process using Kenkona Koi will be more effective when Kenkona Koi alone can suppress many unwanted possibilities.

Purpose: Kenkona Koi is formulated as Anti Parasites, Anti Bacteria and Anti Fungus which will not affect the filter’s functions. It has successfully arrested the symptoms of clamped fins, parking and flashing.

Very effective to cure ulcer even without antibiotic injection, fin rot, fungus, white spot, reddening veins, skin fluke and gill fluke. Recent test result has indicated that Kenkona Koi is effective against Bacteria Gill Disease. Actual tests have shown good result on dropsy for kois above 35cm.

Instruction: Kenkona Koi is best used without salt. However usage up to 0.12% of salinity has been tested safe for koi. Do not feed the koi and switch off UV light during treatment. Carry out pond treatment in the evening. Good aeration throughout the treatment is essential and proven to have faster and better result especially when it involved respiration related disease.

For pond treatment, mix Kenkona Koi with pond water. Pour the mixture into the filter chamber. Each cycle of treatment is 3 days. Repeat treatment if necessary with two days apart and carry out 10-20% partial water change prior to second treatment and after treatment.

Always check the water parameters to identify the actual cause of a problem. To avoid under or over dose, knowing total volume of water to be treated is very important.
    Handle the solution with care. Wash immediately once in contact with skin. Do not expose the bottle to sun light.

Why Kenkona Koi? Kenkona Koi is safe, an effective shotgun treatment against many diseases and very economical. Compare the dosage with any other similar medication and you will know that Kenkona Koi is not diluted just to get more volume or sales.

Dosage: 50ml for 3000Lit of water.
    Short bath: 25ml per 1000Lit for 1 hour.

Note: Kenkona Koi will only state its benefits base on supporting theory, actual test and actual result. It may OR may not perform well with other diseases. Hobbyist feedback is very much appreciated.
    Post edited by ikankoikau at 2012-03-06 11:49:59 pm
  • megatronmegatron March 2012
    =D> =D> =D>
    Don't ask me why!!!
    Thank bro Daniel.

Attached is the corrected version of the Kenkona Koi poster & label. My eyes were too heavy when I was "drawing" it. Thanks bro Paul for correcting.

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/6098/OFFICIAL KENKONA LABEL-for email.JPG
  • adleeadlee March 2012
    =D> bro IKK no price eh?
    Bro adlee,
    All cost involved is still being calculated. Not a pro la bro so got to take longer time :-D
    Anyway just received the bottle containers just now. I expect the price is going to be the cheapest base on the concentration and shotgun effect.

As comparison, one famous Anti Bacteria dosage is 100ml for 200L water. Which means 1L is for 2 ton of water.

Another famous Anti Ulcer(but expensive, around rm150 per Liter) dosage is around 1L for 18 ton of water. And another famous Anti Parasite dosage is 1L for 10 ton.

However Kenkona Koi(with multi function) dosage is 1L for 60 ton of water.

So either way if you do the math, Kenkona Koi will be the cheapest even if the selling price is RM100 per 1L ;-)
    But the good news is, I will make sure the price is well below RM100 for 1L. That's my promise to the hobbyist. :)
  • MikeMike March 2012
    "But the good news is, I will make sure the price is well below RM100 for 1L. That's my promise to the hobbyist. " =D>
  • ShukriShukri March 2012
    Bro Borman,
    You can also use my pond and the other two ponds (that I have mentioned) as a further Beta test beds if you do so require to further strengthen your story......I would be glad to help and assist you. :-D
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • adleeadlee March 2012
    coolness that means the solution is really really concentrated not a diluted one like some brand
    Bro Shukri,
    Thanks for your support. It will be on going feedback from hobbyist. Before it was make known, I was using it for more than a year. In fact to a certain extend (which I don't recommend), I have not quarantine any of my 6 batches koi which I bought for the past 6 months. All are tossai and came from 3 different dealers. What I did was just a short bath. So far so good, no trouble for new comers or the resident. Again I don't suggest this but who else is going to test it if not myself. :-D

Your feedback and other hobbyist feedback is very important so that I know the good and bad side of Kenkona Koi.

Bro Adlee,
    Actually when I prepare this combo, I didn't realise that it is high in concentration until I compare the dosage with other medication. But I'm glad bcoz that is what we want as hobbyist. ;-)

• DanleeDanlee March 2012
    I would like to share my experiences of using KENKONA KOI medicine. Thanks to Capt Borman who was kind enough to spare me his "wonder solution" when I was having a "crisis" in my pond. I must say I was quite surprised and at the same time impressed with the end results.

I have successfully used KENKONA KOI to cure the following sicknesses :

- fin rot
    - red vein
    - open wound
    - parking
    - both fins clamped
    - body tilted almost 90 degree upward and downward

I would encourage everyone to at least give this product a try and see for yourself the effectiveness in your own environment.
    Bro Daniel,

Thanks for sharing your experience on Kenkona Koi. I'm really glad that it worked well on your kois and pond. Certainly I'm glad the it helped to arrest you pond crisis.

Regards
    Well there you go, a third party honest feedback on the product.......
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    Bro Shukri,

Actually with out Bro Daniel experience, Kenkona Koi wouldn't have come out. It will stay in Seremban border and to be exact, only in my house and bro Yujian. I was using it for more than a year. Spread by words of mouth, one of the Malaysian main dealer offered to test Kenkona Koi which was known at that time as Capt's Combo :-D

As normal, when shipment arrived one after another and many of their customers traded their kois, diseases or problems were bound to happen. So Kenkona Koi was tested to its limit and the result not only surprised me but the dealer themselves. That was when the idea about marketing this product came into the picture.

Actually there are a few more diseases which theoretically can be addressed by Kenkona Koi but I dare not print it on the label. Only those which were tested and passed with flying colour were listed. So if you "sudi"(willing) to purchase this product, your honest feedback is very much needed and appreciated for the benefit of everyone.

Regards
  • NeliNeli March 2012
    Job well done!
    Very impressive!
    U should have called it Kenkona shotgun!
    Thanks sis Neli. Kenkona Shotgun at a glance sound like gunpowder or bullet. Or a new type of shotgun from Japan which is use to gunned down all you kois when you want to give up the hobby :-))
  • idrisidris March 2012
    hahahahha...or should we call it "uchi kuchikona"??..hehehe..capt, thanks for this lovely combo...shushui is getting better...other are progressing too...actually we make the shushui as a benchmark as it is the worst case of all..but now its progressing to get better..i am confident of it...
  • AnuarAnuar March 2012
    Capt,

Fortunately and luckily my pond has been trouble free over the last year or so... but need to be prepared especially I'll be sending some kois for the show. May I know the shelf life of this medication, i.e. expiry date?

Thanks and all the best!
    Thanks bro Idris for the update. Shusui(non scale koi) will be easiest to get affected and most difficult to cure back to normal.

Bro Anuar,
    Honestly, none of the ingredients I mixed in Kenkona has expiry date. As long you keep it away from sun light, it will be fine. However just to to be on the safe side, I have stored one 5L bottle for almost 2 years but the smell, colour and effectiveness was still the same. But that bottle has finished last December.

Since I have based this product on actual result and experience, I am very confident that 2 years after production will be very safe. Again, do not expose it to sun light. Maybe I can keep one bottle and try the content after 2,3 and 4 years(if this product still exist) :-D
  • MikeMike March 2012
    Capt, when will it be on sale ?
  • AnuarAnuar March 2012
    Capt,

Great... will get a bottle. You'll never know when you need one.

Regards.
  • HWONGHWONG March 2012
    Capt,
    good on you.. Now everybody can treat koi... Pricing strategy like the apanama airline? :) Hope so as it is quite expensive now. Even local brands are priced like imported ones but they incur hefty freight charges and import duties etc.

Any interesting story behind the KENKONA name? I will be overseas during the koi show, so which koi shop will have Kenkona?

• idrisidris March 2012
    bro mike...as captain borman sales manager, KENKONA will be introduced at 2nd shinkokai koi show 2012...you can get it there..

captain-amacam?ada gaya ka??hehehe..
    Wah! Sudah ada Sales Manager. Saya baru ingat nak canvass the whole of Klang Valley............... :-D
  • MikeMike March 2012
    Thanks for info Idris, in what volume does it come in and the price ? need one to jaga pintu le ...
    Waaa... Now I got sales manager already :-)) Memang ada gaya.. Hahaha...But certainly the sales manager's info is correct. The sales will begin during Shinkokai Koi Show. If any of bro/sis willing to risk their kois on my formula, I would very much appreciate if you can pm me. With my lack of experience, it will be a great help for me to estimate how many and which bottle I need to prepare more for the show. Dont worry, you can always change your mind. Its just an estimate for me.

At this moment I got quite handful of order which I can't release until the Shinkokai. I owe it to Shinkokai for giving me this opportunity. And as usual, when you buy Kenkona Koi means you are helping Shinkokai in organizing this great event.... UNLESS your kois are in distress and you feel like Kenkona Koi can gun down the problem. Like aircraft in emergency, no rules, procedure or ethic can stop hobbyist from helping another hobbyist.

The price almost been finalised. If you are interested on Kenkona Koi, pls buy during the show as I can guarantee it will be cheaper and below RM100. After the show, price on the rack will be unpredictable. There are many issues involving pricing which I was not aware as hobbyist. As much so I want it to be cheap, it can't be THAT cheap becoz of "business equilibrium". But still the cheapest around and as far as Kenkona Koi is concerned, cheaper doesn't mean less effective. ;-)

Just as example, to treat 60 ton pond for a famous green/yellow colour medication, you need to pay around RM600. Another famous clear medication, you need to pay RM566 at best price to treat 60 ton pond. But you need only 1L of Kenkona Koi to treat 60 ton pond and the price is below RM100 during Shinkokai show!! Further more Kenkona Koi is multi purpose while others on specific problem.

When this was told to me, then only I realized how cheap it is. There is a suggestion for me to dilute and sold at below RM100. But I'm not a chemist and I don't know how H2O will affect the formula. I experienced(and other fellow kichis too) Kenkona Koi at this dosage. To change it, I can't guarantee it will work the same. I am so confident with this dosage as it also buffer for accidentally overdose even tho it's high in concentration. So for the benefit of all hobbyist let's just remain this way. With this price, I am sure hobbyist can afford to use Kenkona Koi even as part of maintenance routine. For maintenance, the kois will not show any discomfort sign if the dosage is right. Further more some chemical like PP is hard to find nowdays.

By the way Kenkona Koi will be bottled in 1L and 5L. So 1L treats up to 60 ton of water and 5L up to 300 ton. Thanks for all your support bro/sis.
    Bro Hwong,
    Long time no hear :-D No sentimental story about the name Kenkona. So far I haven't met any Japanese crew by that name. :-)) I just throw it to my kids to find one Japanese name for the product. After punching some buttons, they came out with Kenkona Koi which means Healthy Koi.

Too bad you are going to miss the show. Where will you be going? In 1 hr, I am off to the airport. Got to visit some aquariums in Amsterdam :-)) Will be back on Monday.
  • idrisidris March 2012
    Please bring back the kois from the aquariums from amsterdam...I'm sure we can get high bid at shinkokai...hahahah...save journey captain...

Bro shukri...assistant sales manager still vacant...but will report directly under me...kekeke....
    Post edited by idris at 2012-03-10 04:53:51 am
  • YLLiauYLLiau March 2012
    hahaha, with Capt's good gesture...member of hobbyist sure got special offer la.. ( captain :)>- ,belakang kira ) ,dont come to sembelit me
  • tghkoitghkoi March 2012
    Captain what is recommendated dosage for maintenance
  • HWONGHWONG March 2012
    Capt,

At first I thot the name Ken-Kona... means all the bad stuff "kena korner-ed".. bancuh mati terus! or maybe we cant resist using your cure all.. kena korner-ed and held to ransom & pay what you demand! :-D
    Great to know you wont be going to the dark side 8-) too soon and will make kenkona really affordable. =D>

Me quiet because I have been seriously looking at pool design options.. :-?

I will be away in Taiwan during that period...
  • lautslauts March 2012
    Capt,

After reading Bro Danlee's testimony i confirm one 1L bottle collecting at koi show on benching day ok. I can attest to what you wrote abt cost of treating a 60 ton pond , my pond's tonnage. Now you know why i QT for 1-2 month.
    You got some samplers ? i can help pass to one local carp breeder friend here in Rawang. Main problem here he tell me is sleeping disease b-(

Wish you all success on this and well done bro.

ts
    Brudders,

Thanks for your kind(& funny) words and support. ;-) Landed in Amsterdam a few hours ago. Initially I was supposed to go to Paris actually.

Bro Micheal, thanks for the good question. For maintenance, I still use the normal dosage. There will always be parasite and bad bacteria in our pond. Our kois are not affected because their anti body or defensive system are good when they are not stress with enviroment or affected by pheromone released by other kois. Its there but we cant see their present when our kois are healthy. When we treat our sick koi or pond, basically we are helping our koi by getting rid of these creatures in/on their body and serounding.

Please dont take my words as promoting you to use Kenkona Koi more often. You dont need any maintenace at all if your kois and pond are fine. Try to think like why hobbyist PP their pond once a while for maintenance. Why hobbyist biotoped their pond every now and then. It may serve the purpose of knocking down the coluform level too. With Kenkona Koi, maybe the cost of doing this will be reduced very much and we can afford to do it more often. Using less dosage may defeat the purpose as the effectiveness might become insufficient and we might be wasting the the effort and solution.

But one thing I noticed, the kois are more active and lively after the treatment or maintenance. I dont do it very often due to my schedule and lazyness. In average maybe around once in two months. Appreciate your feedback on this.

Bro Lau, so it took bro Daniel Lee to convince you la :-D. I dont blame you as Bro Daniel is one experienced sifu who knows a lot but maybe talk a little. :-)) So when he talkes, many will lesten. I always want to know whether Kenkona Koi can treat sleeping disease. In theory, it supposed to but there is no koi to be tested here. Even the dealer doesnt have the "sample" koi. As I have said before, only succesfully tested diseases will be printed on the Kenkona Koi's label. Sure, I will provide the sample. It's good to know the result. Thanks for your encouragement bro.

Regards
    Bro Borman,
    I will be trying out Kenkona in the two ponds in a Hotel which they have lost all their kois through diseases till now. This will be a true test on the product. I frankly hope that it wasn't a virus attack that wipe out all the kois as no one can actually describe to me the true picture on what had really happened.

Right now I am dosing a round of PP bombing (probably I will do two rounds) to get rid of what ever is still in the pond water. A complete cleaning of the entire two ponds have been done. I thought of using clorox but after a serious consideration, I opt against the idea....

Since I am not quarantining the new fishes, I am relying on Kenkona to do a good job here....... :-D

Bro Borman, this is a real test here for the product........ :-D

By the way, salt at level 0.3 to 0.5% boleh ka? Since the product ada Formaldehyde? I know on the bottle you had mentioned salt level no more than 0.12%..... :-(
    Morning bro,
    It's 2.30 am here. Eyes wide open already. I guess my body still tuned to msia time.

Test jangan tak test :-) Thanks for testing Kenkona Koi bro. I really welcome all test and result. If you asked me, it's best without salt at all. Actually the test was done on 0.14% before but I take 0.02 off as a buffer. But certainly not 0.3 or 0.5% la bro. Too risky and nobody has tested that level yet on Kenkona Koi. But I have tried myself on bro Idris's pond which was 0.05% with serious Bacteria Gill Disease, fins rot, reddish veins and lethargic kois. It came out safely. No sign of short breath. BUT make sure you provide a lot of aeration bro. Salt and medication will have effect on DO.

Watch out with the water para as new pond syndrome will come into the picture. Hope everything will turn out fine with the pond & kois bro.
    Post edited by ikankoikau at 2012-03-11 05:09:43 pm
  • NeliNeli March 2012
    Shukri Darling,
    Do not take any chances with that pond....U never know it could have been a virus...Better wash all media and disinfect pond with Vicron S. Best for viruses...It could have been serious parasite too...
    Think of the worse, hope for the best.
    Then U can treat the Koi with Kenkona Koi as prophylactic.
    And make sure dont carry it home by accident.
    Neli, noted and thanks. What's a Vicron S? I am not familiar with this product....
  • lautslauts March 2012
    It is Vircon S , potassium persulfate, kills fungi and virus including KHV. Locally similar product called Remedor Aquatic by Bayer distributed by Syndel. I use it for cleaning QT tanks and monthly filter brushes.

ts
    OK bro...........I actually have the stuff, just didn't really it. Ordered from Syndel by a friend.
  • NeliNeli March 2012
    Some people say it is good to put in the QT for carp pox, and other bacterial diseases as pond treatment...Dont know how true that is, but as a disinfectant is very good.
    I think its best use is as disinfectant.
    Some heated (as usual) discussion here about vicron S and KHV...
    http://www.themtherekoyas.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=305
    They use it in SA and Europe (some) as pond treatment, when there is a heavy bacterial load...like PP and chloramine T.
  • yujian82yujian82 March 2012
    Hi everyone,

Its been a while i didnt visit this koi forum due to very hectic work load. but being capt s buddy in seremban, i have the opportunity to be among the 1st to test out kenkona ( previously known as "magic potion").

Last year my kois suffered severe bacteria infection after koi show. And i tried out his formula.

This was the picture of one of the koi when i netted him up.

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/6276/IMG-20120312-WA000.jpg

My pond is 25 tonnes. And i poured 500ml of this formula 3 days in a row and also jap the serious ones with ciprobay. then every 500ml every week until they fully recovered.

Luckily All of them survived this disaster with 0 damage and they are still swimming in my pond =)

I trully support his formula and finally somehow he manage to market this product.

A picture says a thousand words... Well done bro...

Aiyoo bro Yu Jian, that is a nasty looking ulcer......I felt sorry for the poor fellow... :-(
    Glad to hear that things are back to normal........
  • MikeMike March 2012
    Wow, thats real nasty ones Yu jian, Im baffle that the koi recover. Good stuff.
    Hi Shukri and Mike,

Yeah ... can still remember the stress when the kois are jumping out from water during midnights...

The wound was on the belly of the koi which very hard to be noticed... when i found out , its already too late.... and worst still, this koi was still eating like normal and no abnormal behaviour at all....

Anyway, its all over ... and also credit to capt borman for his adventurous spirit by trying all sorts of formula.... kudos...
    Looking forward to see u guys back in the koi show this week ...

Take care bros ...

(Y)
    Post edited by yujian82 at 2012-03-16 01:30:49 am
    Post edited by yujian82 at 2012-03-16 01:31:50 am
  • NeliNeli March 2012
    Darling,
    U need to think of marketing it internationally or sale the rights to an oversees companies...
    There are so few medications that are so good for newbies and experts alike.
    Good luck, and job well done!
    Bro Yujian,
    Thank you for your encouragement. As the first person who tried my magic potion formula, I can't thank you enough for having the trust in me ;-) It's all worth the effort of wearing swimming goggle and kitchen cloth when mixing magic potion after looking the your photo :-D

Sis Neli,
    Actually I don't know how far this product can go. A chemist or a vet who formulated a medication will have different objectives compared to a hobbyist. I just hope I can get as many feedback as possible on this product after the koi show. Then I will look into going passed the coastline :-D
    Bro and sis,

As what my Seremban's buddy bro Yujian has mentioned, he actually used higher dosage then what I recommended :-)) Further more, he added in a few times everyday. Eventhough Kenkona Koi is high in concentration, please don't be scared as overdose buffer has been taken into consideration. The truth is, I still have stronger strength but it seems that dosage is not required as the current Kenkona Koi(used in all experiments) have shown very good result. Beside it cured well, the kois have not shown any distress behaviour. So you can relax ;-)

After much consideration, Kenkona Koi will be sold at RM90 during the Shinkokai. I hope bro/sis out there will be ok with that price. This price will include commision for the organizer who has officially introduced Kenkona Koi into the market. It means, you will only pay RM1.50 per ton of water to be treated as 1L of Kenkona Koi can treat up to 60 ton of water.

This even cheaper than treating the pond with the current cheapest medication which is "SALT". Taking salt price of RM11 per 20kg, you still need to pay RM165 in order to raise 60 ton pond to 0.5% salinity. 0.5% is the normal salinity for treatment and quarantine. Even for 0.3% salinity, it's still more expensive than Kenkona Koi:-)

Most likely price sold after the Shinkokai will be higher as I got no control on how much the dealers will sell off the rack. BUT as the sale during the koi shows or special event, as promised, it will surely below RM100.

Thank you guys for all your support and encouragement.

All the best to all perticipant in the 2nd Shinkokai Malaysia Koi Show. See you there.
  • NeliNeli March 2012
    Bro Driver ( he he he!)
    Rome was not built in one day!
    U have done private trials as an individual...Now your customers will do the trials, and the results will speak for themselves...
    Give it a bit of time...and U will not need to advertise it...Good things advertise themselves...
    Just be patient...have a good marketing strategy...and only the sky will be the limit....
    U might have to stop driving even...He he he!( U know what I mean)
    But I saw on CNN yesterday, that there is a shortage of "drivers" in your part of the world, so U are much needed.
    Post edited by Neli at 2012-03-16 09:45:22 am
  • ashfaqashfaq March 2012
    Brother, your product is cheaper than any koi medicine in asian continent i feel.
    Hope you can send me some sample to India aswell :)
    Thanks,
    Ashfaq from India-Chennai
    Post edited by ashfaq at 2012-03-16 10:02:39 pm
    Sis Neli,
    I'm not looking that far yet:-) Still baby steps. It's something you do when you got spare time. At this moment I just hope hobbyist will try the product and provide feedbacks in order to really know the true strength or weakness of Kenkona Koi.

Bro Ashfaq,
    Sometimes it's harder to sell when it is sold at cheap price ;-) Many still believe that expensive things always better than the cheaper ones. I hope Kenkona Koi will not fall under that assumption. It's should be regard as good steal price. :-D Surely the price after Shinkokai Koi Show will be different as it's not just up to me to determine the selling price.

Regards

• MikeMike March 2012
    Capt, nice meeting you today and thanks for the med.

Cheers.
    Likewise Bro....

Cheers
  • khongkhong March 2012
    Hi Bro,

I got a bottle yesterday and I already applied to my pond yesterday, the water turned into light blue yesterday and the blue color gone this afternoon. The fish looks normal after I added in the medcine. ( I meant the fish swims and eats as usual)

Let's see how it goes, I will share the result. Actually only1 of my fish was sick with "pimple" at the tail.
  • HWONGHWONG March 2012
    Capt,
    Got Bro Daniel to get me 2 litres of Kenkona. Back frm holiday. Noticed one of my koi has some whtish coat on its tailfin. Not sure if I shud treat whole pond or just soak that koi in a bath. What do u suggest. Tried to call u but yr number seems changed. Appteciate if u can sms me yr new hp number. TQ n rgds
  • SengChoonSengChoon March 2012
    Capt,

Last night after bringing all my kois back from the show, I tried Kenkona with salt at 0.25%. I decided to go with the bath treatment for an hour. After 1 hour and 15 min, I bowled all my kois and put them back into the pond.

Today, I checked all my kois and noticed that none of them flash. They are already very hungry as they gather near the edge of my pond as I walked near. I am truly convinced that Kenkona works as a "shotgun" quarantine solution for me.
  • idrisidris March 2012
    Bro hwong...I will PM u capt phone number...

FYI, kenkona best to be used without salt but the highest salt level that has been tested is up to 0.12%....the lower the salt level the more Kenkona will work...
    Bro Khong,
    Thank you for using Kenkona. Keep us update...

Bro Seng Choon,
    Good to know the outcome. I did the same too, after short bath for 1 hour, straight into the ponds ;-) So far so good. Started light feeding this evening.

Bro Idris,
    Thanks for the info.....hahaha... Anyway spoke to bro Hwong already just now. Thank you.
    Bro Captain,
    All of my fishes were put back to the pond with 500 litres of Kenkona. I was too busy and did not have a chance to check the fishes as yet. I will keep you posted bro...... :-D
  • idrisidris March 2012
    abg shukri..biar betol 500 litres????? :O ur pond must be 30,000 ton...eheheheh :-)) jgn marah abg shukri...just joking...
  • SengChoonSengChoon March 2012
    Bro Idris,

Shukri's pond is 30 ton sahaja, bukan 30,000 ton. I think he meant 300ml, bukan liters. Abang Shukri is sick so his conversion could be a bit out.

Kalau 30,000 ton, you definitely can swim in Shukri's pond and all my fishes will definitely 'tumpang' in his pond already. :-D
  • idrisidris March 2012
    hahaha..thats why la..cuma saja kacau abg shukri..as a brother in bikers...and koi hobby...
  • tghkoitghkoi March 2012
    Hi capt
    This is my testimonial
    I put a new fish in my pond after treating 0.5%salt
    Bath for 1/2hour. After 2 days fishes start to flash and park
    I treated the whole pond with s1 and 0.5% and as u know
    Got some kenkona from you as precaution
    Got another new fish from same source, this time
    Treated 0.05% salt + kenkona bath for 1 hour
    This already third day no flashing and parking

Hahahahahaha! I thought I will catch you there Idris!.........that means that you are awake and not sick like me. Only 500 ml la bro.............If 500 litres than bro Borman has to brewed the concoction right in my pond........ :-)) :-D

All fishes are doing fine and already eating as usual. :-D

Looks like Kenkona has lived up to the expectation. :-D

Bro Borman, when can I have the Kenkova product? I need to test it. :-D
    Since Kenkona has already been proven time and time again, need to test Kenkova now. ;;)
  • HWONGHWONG March 2012
    Bro, Kenkova apa itu? Ubat KUAT ah? :)>-
    Bro Borman,
    Ada sneak preview on Kenkova? Bro Wong ingat gua Sudahkena product....... :-)) :-D
  • megatronmegatron March 2012
    Don't tell me you need kenkova at your age now bro Shukri? You masih kuat ya.....
    Don't ask me why!!!
    How come I myseft dont even know about Kenkova?? Bro Shukri, you got name for my new prototype already ka? :-)) The name Kenkona and Kenkova is too close. One day someone might pour Kenkona instead of Kenkova. Disaster wooo... banghead

Anyway brudders, thank you very much for the feedback on Kenkona. I'm glad it worked well. After the show, I got 7 kois(competed kois), 3 auction kois and 2 auction kois won by bro Idris. Short bath all of them with Kenkona and released them into both ponds. So far so good.

Actually I have not use Kenkona for quite sometimes in my pond. Mostly I use for short bath. I have 2 kois which were consistently gulping air. I have decided to carry out short Kenkona treatment which is only one night and change water next day afternoon. But what I noticed this evening, the gulping has reduced significantly. Hardly seen to be exact. So brudders, please give me feedback if you are getting the same result.

Bro Hwong, Kenkova is a product that more less already in the market but expensive. The kois love it. Even the new comers are not shy. Anyway, I will pass to few hobbyist to test this product. Might go down to KL this weekend. Finally I got to work tomorrow after a long annual leave break :-(

I will make known this new product once it's successfully tested. Maybe I just name it Sharapova at this moment ;-)
    Sharakona better........... :-)) :-D
  • 4r4sis4r4sis March 2012
    guys,
    is there any way i can get it at johor..or any nearer place since its still new and just introduced during last show. i keen to get one due to all testimonial show quit outstanding results...hehehe
  • idrisidris March 2012
    4r4sis..u can PM captain borman directly...tx
  • MikeMike April 2012
    Guys,

My first experience of using Kenkona to treat flashing last night.

All of my koi flashing after introducing a new comer. I have use 160ml for my 13T pond (inclusive filter chamber). Dosage is a little reduced from the recommended level because my salt level is at 0.16

10 minutes - only 3 koi is still flashing and the rest is swimming in groups.
    30 minutes - same 3 koi flashing and the rest still swim in groups.
    40 minutes - same 3 koi flashing but the rest is swimming scattered.
    60 minutes - no more flashing and all is swimming normally
    This morning - no koi is flashing

I notice the blue hue decrease over time and green hue increase. Please remember to wear rubber glove when handling Kenkona, I learn it the hard way.
  • idrisidris April 2012
    yup...the best way is using rubber glove...good to hear your koi stop flashing...but brother mike...if u do not want to treat the whole pond u can always use it as short bath...25ml per 1000liter of water...use it in ur QT tank for 60min and you can introduced to ur pond after that...as for my 2.5t pond, i use kenkona every 3 days with 25% water change everytime before i put out kenkona..reason is because my 2.5t got 8pc koi..its overstock..i dont want to reduce feeding.so intensively i will feed them 3 days in a row kaw2...than change water + put kenkona..fasting 1 day and continue back feeding 3 days in a row...my koi had increase of apetide and water parameter are in control..bbut this is my own experiments...
  • megatronmegatron April 2012
    Bro Idris,

We prefer to introduce Vitamins to our koi than anything else. Too often for medication may not be effective in the long run. Go natural bro. Daily water change and back wash on your 1st and 2nd chamber will help you.
    Don't ask me why!!!
  • ikankoikauikankoikau April 2012
    Hahaha... My “manager“ is doing many things with Kenkona Koi behind my back :-))
    I'm worried now that he might get addicted. Thank bro Daniel for letting him know. Hahaha....

Bro Mike,
    Thanks for the feedback bro. Sorry about the usage of glove. I just assume hobbyist will use some kind of protection when handling medication or chemical. Maybe I should add that on the label. Thanks for highlighting it up.

It has been almost 3 weeks Kenkona Koi has officially been introduced. I have received many feedback. Very good feedbacks for those who have used it with the right dosage. My worries right now is that hobbyist might feel Kenkona Koi dosage is too little compared to other medication that they have used before. Chances are they will add more. Any medication will have effect on overdosing.

One worker used short bath dosage for long bath in one of the small pond in the dealer's place. After a day or two, a few of the kois got some kind of burnt mark on the body. Thing went back to norm after i adviced them to carry out 50% water change and retreat on the next day with the right dosage.

One honest hobbyist overdosed his koi by 3.5 times during short bath. Sadly his koi didnt make it :-(

One hobbyist is not getting the result which I believed he was treating the kois with Ammonia present in the QT. Very important to have good water quality when treating koi or quarantine. In the situation whereby hobbyist doesnt have proper QT or worried about the water quality, I would recommend short bath for 1 hour. But still, nothing safer or better than quarantine for long bath.

Many inquiries whether or not they can dose Kenkona Koi for 3 days in a row for quick or fast result. As for this, you can but make sure at least 30% water change has been carried out in between the treatmentc not less than 24hr apart. I dont really recommend this but on serious case or sickness, you can do this but it's better to treat the sicked koi saperately.

Other than that, I am very pleased with the feedback and result from hobbyist. Again, trust the dosage and you should get a good result and enjoying the economical side of using Kenkona Koi.

Thank you.
  • jamiltjamilt April 2012
    hi all

can i start feeding immediately after the 3 day treatment (the next day).

thank you
    Sure bro. You can start feeding.
  • idrisidris April 2012
    Tq bro megatron...I agree on ur statement..thing is my pond is overstock..it is a 2.5ton pond I build myself where it do not have back wash on each filter chamber or even bottom drain..the only way is to take out all j mat and suck out the water...so u see my situation..at the same time I do not want my koi to be skinny..and I full agree with u regarding medication..why fix if its not broken..the 2.5t will be convert to QT pond once my new pond is stable..I don't practice daily water change because don't have enough time..I only change 25-30% water every 3 days..its equivelant 10% water change daily..my 2.5ton don't even have an overflow pipe..this is the result when trying to be smart ass..hehehe..
  • JamesJames April 2012
    Bro Idris, bad water is not resolved by medicating it...
  • megatronmegatron April 2012
    Bro Idris, I do understand your situation. To be honest, none better than yours. My is just a 4 ton pond, my filter used to be like yours as well without bottom drain for discharge. At that time, I had to do a daily cleaning of my first chamber almost without fail. Bro, many of us went thru a hard way. We learn from each other from the old forum to this new forum. Today, I am still lost my way when come to this hobby, but luckily I have many good brothers here.
    Don't ask me why!!!
  • HDCuHDCu April 2012
    Bro Idris,

I have to agree with Bro James, I don't see how constant medicating helps in a small overstocked pond. Can kenkona remove ammonia and toxic dissolved organic compounds in the water?
  • idrisidris April 2012
    I don't fully understand on what u guys trying to tell me..but I guess I understand some...I should only gave sufficient food to my koi and maintain the parameter now..that is my understanding at the momenr...tq brothers...
  • HDCuHDCu April 2012
    Bro Idris,

Maybe you can look at the possibility of using a better bio filter or adding zeolite and activated carbon or add another external filter plus increase aeration so you do not need to reduce feeding or do daily water change.
    Post edited by HDCu at 2012-04-04 11:08:06 pm
  • idrisidris April 2012
    Ok understand..tq for the advice bro...appreciate it...
  • JamesJames April 2012
    Bro Idris, increase the water change to keep your water parameters in check. And doing this does not require medication. Medication in dirty water can have a lot of unpredictable effect. In this area, I m certain no sifu can and have tried anything before.

I also have a 1 ton fgt with 18 tosais, growing rapidly. And I keep constant water flow so water doesn't foul as easily. If need be u can add ammonia remover and other water conditioners. These r different from medication. It's like u trying to eat panadol to avoid from falling sick, cannot la bro!
  • jamiltjamilt April 2012
    hi all,

need nasihat, i put 1st cycle of kenkona 6 days ago, my parking & flashing koi got better for the 1st two days, then parking balik, waited two days after 1st cycle, yesterday started the 2nd cycle. today my home staff did 10% water change (3000 liters) when i wasnt home coz he didnt know there was kenkona in pond water, should i topup 50ml kenkona on this 1st day of 2nd cycle?
  • AlvinAlvin April 2012
    Has anyone measure the bottle cap volume? I don't have measuring bowl so I assume I is 20ml.
    Post edited by Alvin at 2012-04-26 05:24:30 pm
  • idrisidris April 2012
    Bro...supermarket has measuring tube..get it there..do not over dosage kenkona because it is high concentration...better do it right the first time...just my 2 cent...
    Good evening brudders & sisters,

Very very sorry for missing in action for the past weeks. I had to resolve personal matter which has retitled me as "single and available"(again, after 17 years) :)

Some hobbyist did realized of my MIA and just wanna let you guys know that everything has ended well. Thank you for your concern. Sorry for not able to contribute or answer questions especially with regard to my own thread. Thanks for covering me up esp to our cheerful bro Idris for helping me out.

As for Kenkona, more updates received. Most problems with regard to Kenkona Koi is overdosing and the concern on Formalin used in Kenkona affecting or caused discomfort to hobbyist. But those hobbyist who have used Kenkona Koi with correct dosage, they are giving very good feedback so far.

So I got a suggestion from hobbyist and dealers to dilute Kenkona Koi:
    1)This will reduce overdose effect as measurement margin will be better. For 1L of Kenkona Koi, it will treat 30,000L or 30ton of water. But stock for 1L for 60ton is still available.

So far, the diluted Kenkona Koi has given similar effect and effectiveness with adjusted dosage(proposionate). So 50ML of Kenkona Koi will treat 1500L of water.

2) This will definitely reduced the Kenkona Koi price. As average pond among hobbyist is around 10-15 ton(from a dealer info), the price will be very much affordable and hobbyist may not have to keep Kenkona Koi too long to finish it.

3) The reduction of concentration will have lesser effect on hobbyist who may be worried with the high concentration of Formalin in Kenkona Koi. Please be very careful when handling Kenkona Koi. Don't intentionally inhale it or touch it. Wearing glove or mask is highly recommended even though it has been diluted.

On short bath procedure(1hr), make sure you use the right dosage with the right amount of water. For your info, I have use short bath more than 12 times for my tossais(a few tossais at one time). I only use 50L of water for this purpose with an airstone in it without a single casualty. For nissai onwards, I have used 500L of water. Mix Kenkona Koi with the aerated water first before you place the koi in the tub or tank. Trust the dosage.

The Kenkona Koi cap, the most top ring(not full cap) will give around 20ml but please use shringe or proper measuring cup to promote better accuracy.

Try to finish the cycle(3 days) before going for the 2nd cycle. You can go for 2nd cycle after one or two days but a lot of water change needed(30% at least) but it's not recommended. Be patient.

On the price issue, like what I have told you that it will be beyond my control on how much a dealer will sell Kenkona Koi. But my personal request was that Kenkona Koi must be the cheapest medication available in the market including comparing to salt.

Thank you very much for all the feedback guys.

Regards
  • Ivanlo24Ivanlo24 May 2012
    Hi Guys,

I have this problem with a fish that I bought only 3 days ago.

The rest of the fish is doing well.

Would Kenkona cure this?

http://youtu.be/aT3YB2r8vfo

Share Add to

Where can I buy this miracle cure?

Please help!!!
  • idrisidris May 2012
    i can see there is no problem at the body..is this fish still breathing? looks like gill problem but only can confirm when inspect the gill..
    The gills look good.

Should be some form of "Heart Attack" like what Bro Jacky was saying.

I have seen this before in a friend's pond..his was a large Kujaku....sad case..
  • idrisidris May 2012
    probably need to quarantine and gave as much aeration as possible...sorry for you bro..
  • ShukriShukri May 2012
    Bro Ivan,
    It is a sad case but part & parcel of the hobby.......
    You will get a worthy replacement.....I am sure.
  • megatronmegatron May 2012
    It's happen to one of my 70cm Kujaku many years ago. What I did was keep her in the tub add salt to over 0.5% with strong aeration, after more than half and hour she slowly regained her consciousness before I transferred her to QT and kept salt level at 0.5%.

Sorry for your lost
    Don't ask me why!!!
    Post edited by megatron at 2012-05-24 09:19:35 am
    No choice lah Megatron.

Thanks for the condolences.
  • gerrygerry May 2012
    Hi Bros n Sis,

I'm staying somewhere in Ampang area... is Kenkona Koi sold anywhere nearby?? And how much is a proper dosage for a 3 tonned pond? I have one Ogon who has been parking for almost a month. Have a few others that i have seen gulping air as well. However, appetite for all are good.

Thanks in advance for any info.
  • ShukriShukri May 2012
    Hi Gerry,
    Kenkona is sold at Gosanke Koi and Yamakoshi. I do not know the other dealers that carry the stuff. Probably bro IKK can shed some light on the matter.

My advice is for you to firstly check the water parameters i.e. pH, Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrates etc. If these are OK, then physically inspect the affected fishes.....any ulcers, how about the gills etc. If you can get access to a microscope, you can do a slime swap from the body and gills.......

• ikankoikauikankoikau June 2012
    Bro Gerry,

Bro Shukri is right. So far I only supplied Kenkona Koi to Yamakoshi and Gosanke. Knowing the cause of the problem is very important. Mainly water quality is the triggering reason.

For the dosage, only 50ml needed for 3 tonned pond. It's very little and pls trust the dosage. Wear glove when handling the product. Wear mask if you think you are allergic to Formalin.

Mix Kenkona with pond water in a container or pail and pour into the filter. Preferable half portion first and another half in 30-60min later. I found this good to distribute and dilute the medication in the pond. The rest just follow the instruction. It should reduce and cure parking problem.

Regards
  • gerrygerry June 2012
    Thanks Bro Shukri and Bro IKK! I'm a gal by the way :)

My Ogon's parking problem was due to a burn out water pump which took almost two weeks to be replaced! (Had a "pro" come and fix a new pump for me but it did not work)

So that was when the problem started because then the filtration and aeration was minimal (only corals and air pump - no feeding of course). My pond is also overstocked with 12 kois at the moment :-D

Pond is already 10 years old and the Ogon is 11 years. So far all fishes have no ulcers and gills seem fine. Have been using PP last time for the gill problem but now would like to try this wonder medication for my kois.

So, Yamakoshi at Tropicana has it? Have not been there before. Will google and drop by there soon.

Thanks again!! :D
  • ShukriShukri June 2012
    Hi gerry,
    Looks like both of us are quite near by. Probably I can visit you one of these days. I am staying in Setiawangsa. How big is your pond and when did you start this beautiful hobby?
    How many kois do you have? And what are the sizes?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

test