Nivek's pond
  • niveknivek August 2012
    Hi everybody, absolute noob here who has been spending the last few days soaking up all the information in this group. Just started up my pond so its currently going through the usual new pond syndrome. Currently I only have a couple of pond grade Kois to be the water tester till the pond is mature enough to house some of the Kois that all of you have got me drooling over with the pics and vids >:D<

My pond measures 17 ft x 7 ft x 3 ft

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/11962/IMG_20130221_082610.jpg
  • ashfaqashfaq August 2012
    Hi Nivek, welcome to the group. Kindly let us know where are you from?
    Thanks,
    Ashfaq from India-Chennai
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar August 2012
    Hi Nivek,

Welcome to Koi brotherhood.
  • harry_luhurharry_luhur August 2012
    Welcome Nivek,

Nice pond. I love the stone finishing.
    Regards,

Harry Luhur
  • DK76DK76 August 2012
    Welcome to e forum Nivek,btw just a suggestion you may wish to remove e potted plants in e pond to make more rooms for your future kois investment.
    Bro Nivek,

It would be good if you can post your filter details. Sifu's here can give you suggestion and ideas for improvement before your expensive fishes goes in.
  • ShukriShukri August 2012
    Nivek, welcome to the Koianswers FORUM. Looks like the aeration is insufficient, and please consider removing the potted plants in the pond........
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • niveknivek August 2012
    Thanks so much for the warm welcome and poinys raised :) I am from Penang so hope to bump into some Penangites here.
    Bro TK,
    You have a koi kaki now in Penang.......
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    Fantastic, now my Koi kaki in Penang is increasing \:D/

Bro Nivek,
    Hope to see you one of these days. I'm visiting Yamakoshi this weekend. Want to join?
    Bro @glifford86 and bro @osb, want to meet up this weekend @yamakoshi?
    Post edited by Bthineshkumar at 2012-08-09 06:46:20 pm
  • gerrygerry August 2012
    Cheh wah.... Some exciting koi activity brewing in Penang I see.... :-D
  • mangkellmangkell August 2012
    Hi Nivek,

Nice finishing touch there...

Is that an elephants head? :/

Yaa... An elephants waterfall... :-D

Good start Bro...
    Mickeyko Ducati-Kujamon Chagreemon Brabus#Sexy-Robust
  • glifford86glifford86 August 2012
    Hi bro nivek......

That is a very pond that u hav.....ur from penang island or mainland?

Bro Thinesh......

I will try my best to meet u in yamakoshi......but wat time u will be there?
    Can form a mini group there in Penang........ :-D
  • niveknivek August 2012
    Haha yes 3 cement elephant head fountain and i'm from island. Won't be able to join you all this weekend but i just saw them posting up their merdeka sale.
    Sis Gerry, Not as active as Koikichi's from Klang valley but something to start with ;-)

Bro Glifford, I'll be in YM maybe around 10 am. Initially just want to see my Koi in the mud pond but now got sales, wonder what will happen :-ss

Bro Shukri, Mini group in Penang sounds good. Trying to gather Kichi's in Penang as there are many shy kichi's in Penang :-D . Imagine, my taman itself got almost 15 houses with pond but talking to one by one is challenging :-( .

Bro Nivek, No problem if can't meet up this weekend. I normally go to YM every weekend. PM me when you are free, we can meet up.
  • osbosb August 2012
    Hi Bro TK,
    Just went there last weekend to see their harvest. Most slightly can't make it but will try.
  • megatronmegatron August 2012
    Bros, I am visiting Penang this Raya holiday, anyone open their pond for visit? ;;)
    Don't ask me why!!!
    Bro osb,
    No worries. PM me if going bro
    Bro Megatron,
    You are most welcome to visit my house in Juru. But don't put high hopes as I only have small pond with cheap koi's. Had alter the pond here and there, piping running everywhere banghead
    PM me your schedule bro

Rgds
  • niveknivek August 2012
    Just sharing a video of the pond. Sorry for the potted plants but Home Minister says they stay or Koi goes hahaha so you know we shouldn't argue with HM :p

http://youtu.be/zoFsCQb1jv4
    Post edited by nivek at 2012-08-16 12:50:51 pm
  • farikfarik August 2012
    Hi bro Nivek,
    welcome to the koi circle....very,very addictive....but very rewarding....worth every penny...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership