Nivek's pond
  • SsmannSsmann October 2012
    Bro Kevin, when i 1st started my pond I had uncovered BD too. I bought 5 tosais local which cost me RM30. In 2 days, there were all missing.....I thought "someone" or "something" got em. Then i decided to flush my pond and filter and buang the "suei". Only to find them in the filter tank after almost 80% of the water had been drained out. They were living in the BD pipe connecting to the filter!!! Thereafter, its been netted.....but suppose your kois are big enuff and as such, they wont tease around the BD
  • niveknivek October 2012
    Thanks bro Smoker :)

Bro Ssmann, yes initially 2 of my tosais ended up in the 1st chamber but they learn very quickly and don't repeat the same mistake LOL. Nowadays I buy mostly nisais so I'm lucky I no longer need to worry about them ending up in the filter chamber :)
  • ShukriShukri October 2012
    It will be good to cover them with wire netting cover.......like the one sold in Atarikoi....
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • nocturnalnocturnal October 2012
    can see water improving from the flower pot days Abang Kevin, quality of pond resident too! well done =D>
  • DanleeDanlee October 2012
    Bro Nivek,

Congrats!!! You should be very proud of yourself. I think you have come a long way from your very first post in August. Like TK, you have picked up the knowledge very fast.
    Glad to see your pond looking very clear and good now. I especially like your Shiro. Well done, Bro. Hope to see some jumbo swimming in your pond soon.
    Bro Shukri, I'll reattach the cover once I've built a roof over the pond. Currently leaves can cover the bd if I have a cover over it.

Thanks bro nocturnal and bro Danlee. Couldn't have done it without all the sharing here :)
  • adleeadlee October 2012
    kudos bro kevin!!..

superb water very clear and calm.. if i was there sure can sleepover next to your pond :)
    your shiro is it male?
    Thanks bro adlee :) shiro is a female according to the farm. Actually I turned off the air curtain..normally jacuzzi effect lol
    Post edited by nivek at 2012-10-15 10:51:13 pm
  • adleeadlee October 2012
    well we have to sacrifies something for the sake of our koi rite? :)
    but i think i saw somewhere in the internet where they create a system to get a glass effect pond...

all the water+air were inverted inside the inlet to the pond thus creating a very calm effect. not sure the DO is enuff or not
  • IzrulIzrul October 2012
    Nice pond,nice shiro bro....like the kohaku as well..looks expensive kois (Y)
    Ur getting from newbie to sifu i guess :>
  • ashfaqashfaq October 2012
    Brother @nivek, good transformation of your Lilly pond to Koi pond that too with clean water.
    Thanks,
    Ashfaq from India-Chennai
    Thank you bro izrul and ashfaq. More and more things to learn everyday as a newbie :)
    Selected this 48cm female Sakuma Showa from ZenKoi today. Currently undergoing quarantine at their facilities. Sorry for the shitty video as I was trying not to get in the way :)

Post edited by nivek at 2012-10-18 07:39:54 pm
  • ShukriShukri October 2012
    Wah Bro Kevin,
    Upgrading your fishes already.......... (Y)
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    Bro Shukri,

heheh culled one Sanke today and replaced by this fellow :)
  • mangkellmangkell October 2012
    Bro @Nivek,

Uncovered BD mouth will suck the koi occasionally , especially tosais... That'll stress them...
    Haven't U seen any? :-?? Safety first bro...
    Mickeyko Ducati-Kujamon Chagreemon Brabus#Sexy-Robust
  • IzrulIzrul October 2012
    That one fella really nice bro...tail tube looking strong :X
    Immense beni summore..nice catch dude...very strong colour
    =P~
    Video of the gal undergoing quarantine.

• ikankoikauikankoikau October 2012
    Good piece bro but cant see it well with the brownich background. It makes the water look brown too:-)
  • tpsmaxwelltpsmaxwell October 2012
    Very very nice showa, Bro Nivek. For sure, your koi fever will never goes down with this piece.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership