Pump
  • scorpio88scorpio88 August 2012
    Hi,

I am currently using Tsurumi 50pu2.4s... But the break down rate is very high, with loud noise and causes my pond water to heat up. Use less than 2 years. Is there any pump more reliable to recommend me? Thanks.
  • gerrygerry August 2012
    Hi Scorpio88,

You can try Waterco. I'm currently using it now and it has been working fine! ;-)
  • gerrygerry August 2012
    Oh wait.... is it a water pump or air pump you talking about?
  • ShukriShukri August 2012
    That is a Tsurumi water pump.....quarter hp.........
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • grinkz01grinkz01 August 2012
    i am using tsurumi pum also 40 pu series and not having experience as mentioned...so far so good....i am not so sure about heat matter but about frequent breakdown maybe due to worn out mechanical seal.....tsurumi brand having a very good reputation.....

in indonesia, there is popular brand recently...bossco, a taiwanese brand....very long warranty period and the agent is koi hobbyist too....
    When I started this hobby, I used Tsurumi pumps then and were reliable since they were manufactured in Japan previously. These days, all are made in China, and not as robust as before. When don't you try the Jebo pumps, very reliable in my opinion, and the prices are cheap too. Does not heat up the water that much as compared to the Tsurumi design.
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • urbaneffectsurbaneffects August 2012
    Offer Jebao high flow 45,000L/H and 55,000L/H water pump. Very reliable & powerful. Price is cheap too compare to Japanese pump. Pls PM or SMS 016-8891606 for details. Thanks
    Hi,

All my Tsurumi pumps are made in Japan. Maybe I got no luck
    So any jebo pump comparsion with 50pu2.4s?
  • KChongKChong August 2012
    Hi Scorpio,

May I know whether you use your current pump for tickle tower or any waterfall? Besides, is electric consumption one of your concern?

I have one model that is 26,000L/Hr but it is not suitable for tickle tower or waterfall.

If you are not in hurry, I can source for you.
  • kensutantokensutanto August 2012
    Tsurumi pump is a very good and reliable pump. I have used this pump for 12 years and still running now. This one is made in Japan. Tsurumi omni U. I use only one tsurumi pump to run my pond size 12 ton + 4 ton filter total 16 ton. I find this pump very efficient as it is only 150 watt.
  • wongyengwongyeng August 2012
    I bought a Hi Blow which blew up literally right after I purchased... switched to Tsurumi and has been working since. The seller tells me that Hi Blow used to be made in Jipun but now outsourced to Cina. Apparently Tsurumi still made in Jipun (correct me if I m wrong)... It's damn unfortunate that Cina products quality like crap :( and more unfortunate that almost everything is made there now !!! X(

Anyway, there are other products that are made in places like Italy that are also quite good like LEADER. As for Taiwan-made products.... well, from personal experience, they work well for a while but cannot last as long as the Jipun brands.
    Bro, didn't you get a replacement for your Hi Blow? Tsurumi air pump has the reputation for sure? And you are quite right that they are still made in Japan, but not Tsurumi water pump though, now being made in Cina. BTW, Hailea air pumps are reliable and good. The first Hailea that I have used lasted more than 8 years without failure or changing any components. And the 2 Hailea HAP 120 is running fine.............
    Bro Shukri, I changed the Hiblow to Tsurumi bcos it blew up just 2 days into use :D
  • cookcpucookcpu August 2012
    Is Tsurumi a air pump??? Or Hiblow is a water pump???
    Hiblow airpump... but all my water pump is Tsurumi or LEADER.
  • megatronmegatron August 2012
    Last week, I replaced my old Hi-blow 80 to a brand new Hailea HAP 120. Pond water temp drop by 0.5C to 27.5C. I believe more aeration may also help to bring down the water temp.
    Don't ask me why!!!
    Bro Megatron,
    I thot the jacuzzi effect should actually bring water temp up ?? :)
  • mangkellmangkell August 2012
    Bro Megatron,

I agree with Bro Wonyeng. Any Air pump which used diaphragm will increase water temperature by half degree. Your drop must be bcoz something else, rain etc...

Hail Megatron...
    Mickeyko Ducati-Kujamon Chagreemon Brabus#Sexy-Robust
    What bro Megatron said have some weight.......because the HAP 120 is a strong blower and definitely has the potential to reduce the water temperature.

If you see how strong the disturbance at the surface of the water caused by the turbulance, then you can see why the end result is 0.5 degrees less for Bro Daniel.
  • megatronmegatron August 2012
    Yes. It is really sound peculiar. To explain it, my 4 years old Hi-blow 80 has actually heated up could be due to time to change the diaphragm. I have 2 pumps, 1 goes to TT & another goes to Spray bar but because of my small pond, I am unable to place it vertical but horizontal 6" above water level only. It doesn't give much effect, only able to maintain temp at 28C. Right below the spray bar & TT, I have 2 aeration (HAP 120 & Resun 100). It creates a strong current to my koi to exercise. I can only bring down my temp lowest at 27.5C so far.
    Don't ask me why!!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership