Whose kid is this?
  • ShukriShukri October 2012
    I found this young girl at a koi dealer recently, trying to buy a bad ass looking Kohaku, as a present for her dad. I asked her name but she said a name that I wasn't sure or I don't know why she was agreeing with me........... I asked, 'What's your name?' She said, 'Ya Ya.......'
    I asked again, the same Ya Ya........ I said, don't make fun of me kid? Why are you agreeing in Malay.......on my question!
    She looked at me with a puzzled face! I just left her.........and wonder whose kid that cute girl belong tuuuu? :-? :-? :-?

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/9967/Yaya.jpg
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    Post edited by Shukri at 2012-10-10 09:11:00 pm
    Attachments
    Yaya.jpg 38K
  • niveknivek October 2012
    Bro shukri, you are starting to get scary lol
  • koiBoykoiBoy October 2012
    Hi Bro Shukri,

Just wondering how did you get such picture? :)

Cheers
    Xavier
  • JamesJames October 2012
    I thought so too.... scarry!!
  • idrisidris October 2012
    Bro shukri...Sudah Makan ubat ka? :-))
  • MikeMike October 2012
    Dailing from mobile 112 ...
    Practicing my Photoshop skills la.........I have started the first lesson already. Just waiting for the father to respond only........ Anyone recognise the background? That was the post that she did when I took her photo and I thought it was a unique post. Both parents were present........

The above story was just cooked up to entice the father to come out of hiding.........
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • IzrulIzrul October 2012
    Ahahaha....bro shukri sure fine maa..anyway bro shukri,since what age u addicted to kois?
    Have u kept arowana before?or other fishes such parrots,oscar,cichlids?
    Coz i kept those before...and kois is the poisonous one.
    Bro Izrul,
    The first love for Japanese kois was when I was in the primary school. Then, I set an objective to built a pond one day.........and my dream came through. I was into Discus at one point of my hobby. I also was into Arowana before but I guess nothing beats keeping Nishikigoi........This is the ultimate.
    BTW, your AVATAR is a Kujaku and looks good Bro?
    Ya forgot i keep discus last year,having bout 10pcs in 4 feet aquarium.eventually,all died in one messy water change..temp didnt reach the heated needed by discus,too much chlorine in tap water and blackwater didnt help.tried to rectify things but the chlorine had entered their gills so one by one became sick,color faded and floated the next day.
    From what i see,kois is more challengging so need to buckle up properly before tosai day 1.
    That kujaku is from google uncle shukri..that pc sure will cost a bomb..right now is one discussion and designing stage for my pond.
    Masa Wakagoi hari tu, kerana sibuk, tak berkesempatan nak berborak dengan Izrul.....
    Its ok,sure there will be lots of next time as i really keen and addicted to kois.
    Eventually today bumped into mrkoi at gosanke tmn desa..met and became friend with him at yamakoshi GO event.he himself quite a sifu,tought me lots of stuffs.
    Bro Izrul,
    Those are the words that I want to hear from a newbie........ :-D
    Bro Izrul..beware...first they teach u stuff...then they show u stuff...then they bring u to mudponds...before u know it, u would have already forgotten that you are married and all u can think of is gosankes, shiros, jumbos, wheatgerm, hi growth....hahahaha
    Even forum also makes me addicted...
    Just now My wife asked to buy her a kuewtiow goreng at tomyam stall,and i was preoccupied with the forum..next thing i know she already fell asleep. #:-s
    Now better go buy one... X_X X_X X_X
    Bro Nivek,
    Look at you!!! Can't live without kois right? A truly addict for sure now and no turning back!!! :-)) :-D Just know whether you are WISE, WISER or the WISIEST of them all.....partners in crime is the goal.
    Lol. My partner does all the koi naming.
    Post edited by nivek at 2012-10-10 11:17:44 pm
    Bro Nivek,
    Either you are on the way, or have already achieved the 'PARTNERS IN CRIME' status......
    Congratulation Bro!.......... :-D

As for me, I have the VETO power in my hands........I can decide on what ever I want with regards to the pond or the purchase of the kois....... My HM cares less about my kois or my pond.......so I am only at stage one! Always, tell her that I bought those kois at RM100 each (i.e. I have discounted 95% of the price).......else I will die standing.... :-)) :-)) :-D
  • SsmannSsmann October 2012
    Wahliao Wei....for a moment I thought Eva and Jlo fever gotten you bro....hahahhahaha......thanks for the clarification
  • nocturnalnocturnal October 2012
    HEHEHEHE clearing up camera's memory card ka bang
    this was ages ago :-D
    Only 5% from the actual price bro shukri?
    Aiyoo if HM find out the actual price..sure u also got sumi and beni hahaha.... :-D :-D :-D
    Just kidding bro.sure ur family in good hands based on your kois...
    Bro Adik,
    Nope,
    I kept all those photos in my laptop. So how's Yaya these days? I know a smart and gifted kid when I see one. Her favorite is still that Sanke ke? You know which one kan? But it was auctioned off during the last NHA....... I wonder who is the new owner now?
    Post edited by Shukri at 2012-10-10 11:57:46 pm
    Bro Izrul,
    Now you know......... :-)) :-D
    I'll do the copycat... :-D
    Bro Izrul,
    You will learn a lot of get around, short cuts and tricks from this Forum......this I can assure you........
    This is a good hobby Bro!
    Don't miss out on the Pond Visits, Grow Outs and Koi Shows........these are the life lines of the Koi Hobby........and be a regular in the Forum.
    Sure bro!! Fingers crossed :-))
    she's doing great, thank you for asking bang :)
    she's 5 this year & made google my new best friend as sometimes i don't have the answer to her questions! still recognize Uncle Shukri whenever she saw him in the events posted here :-D
    here's yaya at school last monday, went there for her pre-school confirmation :)
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/9971/559571_354618287963093_1048761908_n.jpg
    hehehe new fav is tancho bang, she was so happy when i bought one last year....... not realizing her dad actually bought the tancho for himself O:)

the photo really brings back gd memories la bang. first time i met u, in Sg pulak tu! :)
    still remember my missus Q to u in the car when u ask her to ask anything about koi, "julie kalau ada apa-apa nak tanya pada saya?" , her Q was "macam mana nak cari koi value 10,000 yg harga 100 bang?" :-D :-D
    was so exited that day as it was my first time too meeting "GO event King" Abang Daniel Lee, "Master Water Keeper" Abang Thiam Hwa and many of the good brothers here that became my good friends now.
    thanx for bringing back all the gd memories Abang Shukri :)

can u upload the photos & tag Julie in FB bang (dun have acc of my own hehehe), want to keep the photos that u took of yaya, i think she did quite a few poses that day :-D
    i'll ask julie to send u a request :)
    Post edited by nocturnal at 2012-10-11 05:38:00 am
  • harry_luhurharry_luhur October 2012
    Bro Shukri,

The head and body position not match, just not possible position. I thought ur first project on photoshop is koi :)
    Regards,

Harry Luhur
    Adik,
    Ever thinking of koi breeding?
    Regards,

Harry Luhur
    Abang Harry :)
    still up at this hour?
    if can make the hobby a way to earn a living, i would not be working for the rest of my life!
    alas..... standard not there yet la, even keeping kois still not proven & have a mountain of skill & knowledge to master
    Bro Adik,
    Sure thing! There are many photos that I have taken and surely can upload the photos either in fb or in the Forum (under a proper Discussion Title). Sure bring back memories. I still remember you belanja me makan at the East Plaza Building at Scot's Road near Hyatt Hotel. A good meal of Yong Tow Foo.

Yaya has surely ground up........inquisitive as ever I imagine?

And Bro Harry, I am just learning Photoshop (a newbie) and you are right the first edit photo was my Kujaku........ In Yaya's photo, I tried the technique of color and black and white background.........
    Post edited by Shukri at 2012-10-11 10:55:22 am
  • adleeadlee October 2012
    bro shukri.. u can go to http://www.deviantart.com/ and search for photoshop action. theres a lot of pre-adjusted action that been save by other photoshop users that u can apply on your picture with just a click. :) even for a newbie u can touch-up your picture like a pro..
    Bro adlee,
    Oh ya ka? Didn't know that...........
    abg shukri...
    the best thing bout that website its like the pot where most of the artist melt together.. same like here in koianswers where we share our passion :)

and we can preview the effect of the action before we download it :)
    i do sometimes view others designs to get some ideas.. ive been using photoshop since im 16 years old.. lol.. if im not mistaken from version 3.0 till now im using CS6 64bit..
    Oh OK,
    Then you can teach me.......
    abg shukri...im not really qualified to teach la abg.. share2 can ler... :) even now im still learning coz each and every version there's always new addition...
    at www.lynda.com there's extensive video guide for photoshop and u can download for free through www.warez-bb.org
    for the photoshop action,download the zip file, unzipped it and just click the .atn file..
    @Adik, breeding for fun lah.

@bro Shukri, soon will have a prefect koi
    Regards,

Harry Luhur
  • kolampkolamp October 2012
    Sifu Shukri,

May I suggest for post processing probably you can use Adobe Lightroom 4 as its much2 easier than using photoshop....its much more user friendly that comes with preset button for easier adjustment & control....u can download the presets that u like for free from the net...usually newbie like me use lightroom as 1st step before going to photoshop as final process...just my 2 cents yg x laku :)
    Abang Shukri
    ya, great memories bang only yours a bit short hehehe
    u ate nasi ayam, tahu sumbat & taugeh goreng that day la bang :-D
    i'm still yet to get a chance to makan kakak's famous chicken curry, hope to get a chance this near future

Abang Harry :)
    speaking of the topic, Mason actually encounter accidental spawning of chagois, the offspings are quite gd. Mason gave most to the guy who handles the pond maintenance who actually sells kois, sold the better ones at rm300-500 :-D
    the accidental breeder of the year is Abang Paul (PH8), his was not kois but plecos!! :-D
    Bro kolamp,
    I have no idea what Lightroom is but will surely source for one.......thanks for the feedback.

A few accidents I see.......hope only with the kois.... :-D
  • kolampkolamp October 2012
    Sifu Shukri,ure advanced than me then heheh...u can download the latest software from adobe.com. I can help u to provide the serial no. for free..heheh

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

test