submersible pump
  • RyantRyant December 2012
    My pump just KO.

Anyone got good and reliable pump brand to introduce to me ?

i dont know which brand should choose. (Mitsubishi, tusrumi or jebao)

• niveknivek December 2012
    I am running 2 units of DAB. Reasonably priced and so far so good :)
  • ZackZack December 2012
    Jebao though made in china has almost similar spec or better than those made in Japan & cheaper in cost. Germany ones are more expensive. If you drop by accessories shop, do make a technical spec comparison against the price. If it is not expensive, similar in performance, just grap it as reliability depends on usage & condition the pump is subjected to run.
    My kois are my lover
  • grinkz01grinkz01 December 2012
    my tsurumi was running 24 hrs nonstop since sept 2011 without any problems...my brother tsurumi even far longer....since 2010 running till today...so i am prefer tsurumi.

but i heard mitsubishi also good...this brand is very reputable brand in every areas they entered.....
  • MfwleeMfwlee December 2012
    My tsurumi which is in the last chamber of a gravity fed system has been running 24 hours since 2004 ! I bought a spare at that time, but have never needed to utilize it.
    When I recommended the brand to a friend, his retailer told him that mine was the " old " batch, and that the new ones were not as good. Does anyone know whether this is a fact ?
    Mike Lee
  • grinkz01grinkz01 December 2012
    mike i heard that too....recent tsurumi was china made (under license) and old batch was japan made....but i cant verify where is the real difference between china vs japan made.
  • KoipetKoipet December 2012
    I have 4 Tsurumi running in my pond since 2001. Only last year, needed to change one only. The other 3 still working fine, 24 hours a day and 365 days a year. Super good. However, those were made in Japan. (Y) (Y) (Y)
  • J73J73 December 2012
    Guys, there was a batch of Tsurumi pumps that had bearing issues 3-4 years ago, reason being Tsurumi changed d ori bearing to china bearing. And sooner than expected they regretted this move coz almost 90% of their pumps sold came back in a very short time due to bearing failure. But it only happened once, and after that incident which they then used back ori japan bearing not much issues occurred. So present Tsurumi is still one of the best submersible pumps in d market. But if budget is constrain, can always use alternative brand which is Mitsubishi. Personally sold over 80 units for d past 2 years and proud to say none ever returned for warranty claims.
    Thanks for the information. Is there a way to distinguish between the 2 ?
    Which Mitsubishi are you referring to ? The ones that I googled were in the RM1000 range and would have cost more than a Tsurumi !
    Mike Lee
  • J73J73 December 2012
    What I'm referring to is equivalent models of Tsurumi n Mitsubishi. For ex :
    I. Tsurumi 40PU2.15s(RRP : RM780.00) vs Mitsubishi SSP255S(RRP : RM680.00)
    II. Tsurumi 50PN2.75S(RRP : RM1,650.00) vs Mitsubishi SSP755S(RRP : RM980.00).

As you can see for the common 150w-250w range, price gap is not too big. But if you compare the bigger HP model, price really very big difference. That's why many of my landscape contractors/koi pond owner customers willing to try out Mitsubishi. So far no complaints and most landscape contractors already permanently switched to Mitsubishi.
    Thanks again for the valuable information. Pump prices have sure gone up since the last time I had to buy one ! :O
    Mike Lee
  • HermanHerman December 2012
    Hi,

Even tsurumi 2.15s stated there as 150w, but the real w is more than 300. The price should be around RM650 only. I never use Mitsubishi, so no comment on it.
  • J73J73 December 2012
    What is stated is RRP = Retail recommended price.

• KimieKimie December 2012
    You may go to Gosanke or Eng Hin for the tsurumi pump which cost you less than 600. I survey already but when i replaced mind, the price was at rm650 per unit bought from Melaka.
  • J73J73 December 2012
    Must be careful, those selling cheaper price are mostly Singapore units(dealers import directly from Tsurumi Singapore). Should you guys encounter quality issues with Singapore units, Tsurumi Malaysia will not entertain its warranty issues. You can still send for checking at Tsurumi Malaysia but there will be chargers occurring.
  • KimieKimie December 2012
    Owh in that case im not so sure where the pump ome from. As per what i bought is from tsurumi malaysia where i called KL hq to fwd me the contact to get the pump from Melaka.
  • YipmYipm December 2012
    Bro Herman,where do you get your Tsurumi pump from ?
  • HermanHerman December 2012
    Bro, from eng hin.
  • RyantRyant December 2012
    thanks for advice
  • RyantRyant March 2016
    i need to get new pump.

Anyone got good and reliable pump brand to introduce to me ?

Where can get it cheaper price?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership