CA's Pond and Kois
  • ChengAunChengAun May 2011

a video from a few months back.
    Post edited by ChengAun at 2011-05-26 01:59:23 am
    Be updated in the world of koi. Jangankan seperti "Koi di bawah bottom drain"
  • ChengAunChengAun June 2012
    Koi Pond Redo.....

Waterproofing and adding an overflow pipe. The pond will be a deep glossy black, like most ponds :)
  • ikankoikauikankoikau June 2012
    Tetagoi CA,
    This must be your school holiday project la :-D Good luck bro. Preparing for the new arrival ka?
  • ashfaqashfaq June 2012
    CA, this is the time, come on remove that Center Pillar to give little more space to ur kois
    Thanks,
    Ashfaq from India-Chennai
    Uncle Borman,
    Takde new arrival lah. Orang miskin loh :P

Uncle Ashfaq,
    Want to but unfortunately this is strictly not approved by the House Ministry ( not home minister yet lah) :))
  • KoiBeginnerKoiBeginner June 2012
    Wahh bro! Renovating already ah! When gonna dig deeper? I also need to renovate my pond in the near future as my filter system is screwed up :(

Not renovating lah, just a bit of redo.
    Unfortunately, couldn't get the pond painted black, so it a glossy dark grey.

BTW, after calculating the gallons of the pond, it turns out to be approx. 1100 gallons ( 4 tons)
    Update- 13/6/12
    It's better than it looks here :P
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/7194/pond.jpg

New electric box, for pond only. (opened in photo, has a "door")

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/7195/switches2.jpg
  • NeliNeli June 2012
    Your pond/fountain is small but pretty! But U are doing miracles with it.
    Post edited by Neli at 2012-06-13 10:39:48 pm
  • MikeMike June 2012
    CA, what do you use to paint the pond internal ? polyurethane / epoxy ?
    @mike Not very sure, but it's not paint on. It's mixed with the cement and waterproofing
    Post edited by ChengAun at 2012-06-14 09:16:08 pm
    Aunt Neli, thanks for the compliments. You have a huge pond. Good luck with your new build :)
    @Neli
  • NeliNeli June 2012
    Thank U my Baby for being such a dedicated koi keeper and making the most of what U have...
    All the best to U and your koi.
  • ChengAunChengAun July 2012
    Update on my Maruyama Kohaku. Its still skinny and the beni has gone down :/ need to get some refresh powder.
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/8338/maruyama.jpg
  • RonnieRonnie July 2012
    Lovely koi you have there bro CA.Color no so down la.make it healthy the it will it will groom it self.
  • ShukriShukri July 2012
    I agree with you Ronnie, the red is glaring that it hurts my eyes, when looking at the photo........ :-D Hope the koi will turn out good for you.......
    Post edited by Shukri at 2012-07-24 07:15:41 pm
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    Just to share, this was my pond back when I kept local koi. It was more of an ornamental pond than a koi pond :)
  • ShukriShukri July 2012
    And how about the latest situation........... :-D
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    Yes, yes coming soon. (mooning)
    Post edited by ChengAun at 2012-07-25 04:44:39 pm
    Here........
    http://www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/8377/nps%201%20resize.jpg

Bakki shower........
    http://www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/8378/bs%201.jpg

I'm trying brick in the bakki shower as recommended by uncle @JoshuaChin in another thread.
    http://www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/8379/bs%20brick.jpg

Mini TOR-X? haha :P (no lah, just a little water output for extra oxygen and water movement at the surface)
    http://www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/8380/TOR-X%20mini.jpg

Electric box for koi pond only.....
    http://www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/8381/electric%20box.jpg

Post edited by ChengAun at 2012-07-25 05:59:01 pm

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership