Egg impaction problems in kois
  • ShukriShukri October 2010
    To date, I have had 4 kois that died due to Egg Impaction Problem. For those that have the experience on how to deal with the matter, can you please share them with us. This is one area that I am not familiar with.

Regards,
    Shukri
  • AaronGohAaronGoh October 2010
    Hi Sukri,
    This is Andy's dainichi showa that I thought having Egg Impact but it turn out to be some internal problem.
    http://lh3.ggpht.com/_Cq0URp3NgIU/TKzF4wsf8CI/AAAAAAAAABo/AWQAsAIuw8A/s800/DSCN7780.JPG
    You can see that all the organ are in a mess:

Bro Andy, sorry that you had lost this expensive koi from the MKS koi auction.
    Post edited by koianswers at 2010-10-07 12:37:02 am
    Aaron
    +60123182002
    Man, what a waste. Such a nice Showa. That's for sure not egg impaction problem. Like the French people always say, 'C'est La vie.' I am sure there are many more good ones in the pond.
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • farikfarik October 2010
    bro shukri,
    I'm experimenting with the hormone that I feed ,so far one of my kohaku with a lot of egg has slimmed down....using the theory that is used in oral contraceptive tablets made for humans.will update you guys....
    Bro Farik, really ka? Keep us posted.......
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • JamesJames October 2010
    Hi bro Farik, let me know your method. I have a sanke with egg problem too...i think..

Bro Shukri, do u think it's egg problem? Need to do cosmetic, been feeding too much colour...

http://koianswers.com/discussion/download/123/Sanke.jpg
    Post edited by James at 2010-10-15 04:16:57 am
    Attachments
    Sanke.jpg 359K
  • farikfarik October 2010
    Bro James,
    U have to put this fella into a qt tank, but u have to determine that it is egg problem or just overfeeding, try to starve this fella and see wheter the belly shrink back to original size...if not then u have to give this fella a mixture of a hormone mix that i mix in the feed and give it once a day and the other 2 feeds of the day give normal feed.this is still in experimental stage so i only have tried it on 2 of my overladen fishes both of which is more than 3 years old and put it in the qt tank for 3 weeks. After it came back to the normal belly...it was put back into the main pond.so far so good as I have lost 3 eggladen females before and was looking an alternative.If you want the mix give me a call as it is a controlled item and i shall direct you to the place....takut kena sue pulak...he,he.not worried here though.

Farik
  • M_ZAINM_ZAIN October 2010
    Bro James,

Your Sanke looks 1 Sided, normally 1 Sided is a Bit Worrying....sometimes it Turn Out to be Tumor wor...

Other then that looks OK mah...don't think it need Cosmetic Surgery, maybe just put on Some Lip Stick will do leh....^_^
    Regards,

M. Zain
    +6019 333 3675
    Bro Zain,

well the secondary hi is unsightly, so when it gets bigger i probably will hv it removed... professionally this time, so that i don't kill koi anymore...

will separate and stop feeding to see how it develops..

Bro Farik,

Will call u when i get back home, outstation now...
    Bro James,
    Are you in China?
    Where about in China?
    Hi bro Farik, let me know your method. I have a sanke with egg problem too...i think..

Bro Shukri, do u think it's egg problem? Need to do cosmetic, been feeding too much colour...

http://koianswers.com/discussion/download/123/Sanke.jpg

Bro James,
    From the photo it is really hard to tell. Got eggs, Yes. Impaction problem, I do not believe so......
    Bro Shukri,

Not in China now, but travel there more frequently nowadays. Why u need something in china? Regularly in Guangzhou and Shenzhen.

So what is next step for this sanke? Or just get rid of it cos not show worthy??
    Appreciate if you can brick back a piece of the Brick from the Great Wall of China as a souvenir.........hehehehe! Just kidding man. The koi is quite nice actually. Like what bro Farik said, put the koi in the Q tank and do not feed for 10 to 15 days......see what happens after that.
    Ya man, Bro James, just Throw it away into My Pond:--
    Regards,

M. Zain
    +6019 333 3675
    Bro Zain, u sure you want a not so nice koi spoiling your koi collection?? Or u hinting to me it is worth keeping ?
  • AndySittAndySitt October 2010
    Bro James, can try starve it for some time but slim chance lah.. Easier to goreng and get another piece.
    precisely what i am thinking, but then again this means never really learn about the hobby... just hit and run everytime...
    hehehe.....I can groom her....
    Regards,

M. Zain
    +6019 333 3675
    groom her for show? if so, when do i send it to you?? *a bit thick skin on my side* but no choice la, want to create show koi collection...
    Hi Sukri,
    This is Andy's dainichi showa that I thought having Egg Impact but it turn out to be some internal problem.
    http://lh3.ggpht.com/_Cq0URp3NgIU/TKzF4wsf8CI/AAAAAAAAABo/AWQAsAIuw8A/s800/DSCN7780.JPG
    You can see that all the organ are in a mess:

Bro Andy, sorry that you had lost this expensive koi from the MKS koi auction.

So far, many has lost their koi due to egg impaction or related complication. Honestly, many of us do not know how to deal with this. Whoever in the Forum that have experience or has successfully deal with this situation and the koi had survived, please share your experience with us.

• yysim88yysim88 October 2010
    This is a video of my Showa releasing eggs after I injected the Ovaprim the night before.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership