Ionizer for fish pond, any suggestion?
  • weihanweihan May 2013
    Hi all, I believe many of you have encounter some house appliances that come with ionizer, such as aircon, fridge, and fan.. According to their info, negative ion is good for human, able to helps provide healthier body...

However, is it good for our fish and filtration system? Was thinking to add an ionizer before air pump to pump in negative ion into the fish pond? Anyone can help?
  • HDCuHDCu May 2013
    An Air ionizer will produce negative ions of which dust particles will bind near the ionizer. In a closed room environment, dust particles will cling near the ionizer instead of floating around. With a hepa filter attached, air borne particles that can cause harm are more effectively sucked in the filter with ionizer.

If you attach an air ionizer before an airpump, more outdoor dust will settle near the air pumo as such you would need to clean the air pumo filter more often. There is no scientific evidence that negative ions will benefit kois or any fish for that matter.

• weihanweihan May 2013
    Hi bro HDCu, it make sense about the dirt, however, there is new discover about the function of negative ion....

I'm not promoting the product, however, for those who interested can read about the function and maybe there will be new product for our fish soon :) http://www.air-boom.com/products_ionfresh.htm
  • HDCuHDCu May 2013
    I quote what is written in the article link you posted.

"More Info About Ionic Air / Negative Ions
    Ionic Air Purifier, Negative Ion Generator and Air Ionizer are the synonymous terms that are used for the devices that clean and energize the indoor air by mainly producing millions of negative ions. Negative Ions are charged particles that are discharged by the Air Ionizer into the indoor air. When in the air, ions bond together with the floating pollutants and take them out of the breathing space making the air pure, fresh and healthy."

Unless you plan to put your airpump indoors, I dont see how it will work in an outdoor pond environment.

Note that floating pollutants will just stick on the walls and near the ionizer. If the ionizer is near the airpump, the airpump will suck in more dirt.
  • weihanweihan June 2013
    You have a point there bro HDCu, I will look into it, thanks :)
  • weihanweihan June 2013
    Hi below is a link that used energized water to keep kois.

According to my research, is Negative ion helps to energized water? pls refer to the link below, http://nd101317.blogspot.com/
  • weihanweihan June 2013
    here is another reading about how it works, http://www.wandmebaby.com/pendant.html, currently i have been doing some research on energized water, tried with my pond and to my surprise, my water NO3 level dropped, now asking bro @puathiantat to join my research :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership