Tk's New Pond
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar July 2013
    My kois after 4 hours of feeding, they are ever hungry :-D
  • koiBoykoiBoy July 2013
    Wah bro TK...
    very nice laaaa.... kois looking very healthy and active in this new home....hahaha
    i always lose contact on the feeding time, always over feed them! hahahaha
    (Y)

Cheers,
    Xavier
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/13376/image.jpg
    Update on pond after 4 weeks running:

Currently giving feed 4 times a day
    Water parameters taken after 4 hours of last feeding
    1) Ammonia less than 0.25, near zero
    2) Nitrite : Zero
    3) Nitrate: 15-20
    4) pH: 8.0
    5) Temp at night 9pm: 30 c

I think NPS is over, now to improve water quality :-D , \:D/

Thanks Bro Xavier, :)
  • mangkellmangkell July 2013
    Bro TK,

Your pH is 8.0 haaa.... Why not joining my club by introducing an Oyster Shell...

It will increase & stabilise your pH to 8.3.... Harder to fluctuate by rainwater also.... :-?
    Mickeyko Ducati-Kujamon Chagreemon Brabus#Sexy-Robust
    Bro Aznan,
    Already added oyster shell, when I started, the pH was 9.0. Now it has stabilized to 8.0.
    I think 8.0 should be just nice. If it started to go below 7.5, than I have to add more oyster shell. :)
  • koikichivnkoikichivn July 2013
    Hi bro and sis,

May I ask How many pH you usually maintain in your pond? and why.
    Hi bro and sis,

May I ask How many pH you usually maintain in your pond? and why.

Hi Bro,

Normally I maintain 7.8 to max 8.5.
    Koi can thrive from pH 7.2 to max 8.5. IMHO, I try to maintain pH around 8.0 as it's easier to control from dropping below 7.0. When the pH is below 7.5, it's time for me to add in sodium bicarb. :)
  • weihanweihan July 2013
    Nice pond Bro TK, but video too short la :-))
    Thanks Bro.
    I'll take longer video when I'm back home as traveling. This video taken by HM for me :-p
  • puathiantatpuathiantat July 2013
    @-) HM help video @-) bro TK can build another bigger pond next year d :-))
    U R THE MAN !!! (Y) hehe
    Bro Pua,
    Nowadays HM is the one who feeds the koi. I just watch silently from the side and clean the filter :-D .
    When I'm outstation, HM would feed and video the koi's. If I go for long trip, HM won't feed as the pond would be very cloudy, so she would urge me to come home soon, not for missing me, cause she missing feeding the koi's :-)) :-))

HM has her few fav koi's and monitor them as well, so my work is pretty easy, just maintain the pond ;-)

If I build bigger pond, HM would feed me to the koi's :-)) :-p
  • weihanweihan July 2013
    Bro, whats the reason for water turn cloudy if you go for long trip? how often you need to clean your filter else it turn cloudy?
    Bro Weihan,

My feeding regime (HM feeding :-p ) is 4X a day. I'll clean my bead daily basis and backflush every alternate days. My long trip is normally more than a week, so I'll ask HM to skip the feeding during these time. Moreover my filter still new, so I don't keep much waste in my filter's. I try to remove as soon as possible by daily backflush :)
    Post edited by Bthineshkumar at 2013-07-30 05:13:48 pm
    backflushing the bead filter so easy mah , y u dun ask ur HM do it daily after feed ?
    my wify langsung tak boleh help me with the pond ... some time i ask her help me to feed the koi she also can forget 1 :-((
    Slow and steady bro Pua. Now HM only do feeding. Later learn to clean the bead ;-)

Train the kois for hand feed and poison HM, make HM buy few of her fav kois, than every day call HM during feeding time and talk something nice before remind her to feed. Eventually she knows you will call her to remind her but they also prefer you call them everyday :-))
    ^:)^
  • gerrygerry July 2013
    Wah... bro TK from training koi to training bini pulak.... tsk tsk tsk... :p
  • andysiaandysia July 2013
    Salute you lah bro TK ... ^:)^

My HM already complained that I spend more time with koi than with my kids ... also spend more $$$ for my koi than for my kids ... %-(

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership