Tsurumi Pump Leaking
  • SpartacusSpartacus April 2011
    Hi All,
    Anyone has any good contact to repair the tsurumi pump? I found oil in the pond, believe that the pump is leaking the oil.

Appreciate your help.

Ryan
  • PH8PH8 April 2011
    Hi Bro Ryan, long time no hear. You can try Desmond of Vinson Aquarium (016-3329910). He's repaired a few pumps for me at a tiny fraction of what the original agent would have charged.
    Post edited by PH8 at 2011-04-11 06:01:21 pm
  • SpartacusSpartacus April 2011
    Hi Bro Paul,

Yalor, been busy with work. But nevertheless, been following up on the forum but just as an observer. Hopefully, I could join you guys more actively soon.

Many thanks for your info.

• heng84heng84 April 2011
    Thanks paul , me too was looking for contact.. bought my tsurumi from ct hardware.. 3months old have wierd bearing sound .. duno in future if kaput wanna sent back for warranty or not cos it will take damn long. so better to sent it to someone else to do it.
  • PH8PH8 April 2011
    One more thing though. Desmond has a whole range of China-made pumps which are so cheap that you might not even want to repair your old pump! A new pump may not cost much more than the cost to repair the old one. I've used quite a few of the China-made pumps (both water pumps as well as air blowers) and have found them to be both reliable (some 2 years already), cheap and also power efficient (consumes less electricity).
  • 88koi88koi April 2011
    Yes, do agree with PH8,
    Just wondering about the pump you bought from ct hardware, as I was told that some friends have bought TSUNAMI Pumps, as my Tsurumi pumps have been in use more than 3 years already.?
  • heng84heng84 April 2011
    mine is tsurumi and i hear the bearing sound a month later after using it (should have done more research before purchase).. they have their inhouse pump slightly higher capacity with those float to cut off from running dry around rm500+ .. and i also saw those tsurumi look alike taiwanese pump forgotten what brand.. then i also bought a pump from atari koi.. fully made in japan.. forgot what brand also T_T 800+ but that thing look solid still new so i dont know whether it lasts anot.

bro paul can recommend china water pump just for incase only.. 12ton/hr thanks
  • PH8PH8 April 2011
    Bro Heng, 12 tons/hr I don't know. But I have one Sun Sun brand which is 18 tons/hr. Resun Dolphin also quite good.
    Post edited by PH8 at 2011-04-14 08:26:38 pm
  • StevieStevie April 2011
    My Viper pump is giving me problem. Once switch off it is hard to switch back on. I have to repeatedly on off the switch many times before it can start. Something wrong with the start capacitor? I can see spark of light on the switch at the socket/plug. It could mean the electricity power that stored in the capacitor is discharging back or something. Anyone experienced the same?
  • tomatomoontomatomoon April 2011
    Had face the same problem before and when sent it back to delear, ( lucky still under warranty) and it change capacitor. The pond pump work aganit. But i found that after been services by delear, speed of motor seem less.That mean it wont last long. It work only few week and just sent it back to delear againt. This time they replace a new unit to me after i complain.
    Hi Tomatomoon,

But the capacitor's job is to store enough energy and kicks start the pump/motor, got nothing to do with the motor's speed, I think.

Good to know that you got a new replacement. Look like a responsible vendor. My pump warranty expired long ago. Don't know how much a capacitor cost and if can get in the market. Thinking of DIY.
  • tomatomoontomatomoon April 2011
    Maybe you can check on Pasar road if you are from KL. Hope you can get it.
    I was thinking the same, Pasar road. Got to first open up the top portion of the pump to take picture of the capacitor for its specs. It shouold look like a dynamite with 2 or 3 wires.
    If I were to send the pump to the dealer for repair it will take weeks can cost a bomb or a new pump.

BTW, anyone know where and who is the distributor/manufacturer of Viper pump here in Klang Valley? Any phone contact or address is much appreciated. Misplaced the warranty card. I doubt I can find the capacitor in pasar road.
    Post edited by Stevie at 2011-04-14 10:29:56 pm
  • StevieStevie May 2011
    Hello Tomatomoon,

Just to update you and thanks. I got the capacitor from Pasar road and the pump start and run well now. Wow, thanks again. Funny thing is I went to the Ist shop and paid RM16.50. Then I continue to shop around. Another shop was selling at RM6.00 X( .

When you said your pump was seemed less powerful after repair it could be they got you a under size/under capacity capacitor, I think. Anyway you got a new replacement, that's great.
  • tomatomoontomatomoon May 2011
    That great Bro, at pasar road we had walk in many shop to compare the price. Some bit cheap some not. If part from China sure will cost you less and if from Italy sure need to paid more.
    Before pump been replaced, i had got another new Viper pump. Now the Viper pumps use as a standby unit. Actually dealer refuse to change a new unit to me, but after i been argue with the boss. If the pump malfunction again cause any dead of my koi, you will need to replace for me. Shop owner replace a new unit to me without any doubt.
  • StevieStevie May 2011
    No problem bro if same problem recur. What you got to do is unscrew 4 screws at the top. open it up. Write down the specifications of the capacitor. The voltage (eg. 450V) and the capacitant (like 6uf or 4uf). Best is take a picture of it. The capacitor look like a dynamic or a big fire firecraker with 2 wires. Does not matter what the color of the wires. No polarity (not positive and negative terminals, can connect any way). Cut the wires and reconnect the wires with new capacitor. Then close the top cover with the 4 screws tighten the screws alternatively bit by bit so that you got a balance tight to achieve air/water tight like changing car tires tighen one nut a bit and the opposite a bit and same to the other two and repeat until 4 nuts are all tighten balance. So that it is waterproof. Also make sure the contact rubber of the cover and the metal body is sands free. With sands in between water will get in. One thing I must warn you. Though the pump is unpluged from power socket the capacitor still could have electricity stored in it. It could give you a nasty shock though you won't die. You got to discharge it with a test pen touching the tip of the test pen on the wire one at the time and with your finger touching the round/hander end of the test pen like you test a live wire. If there is electricity the test pen will grow and slowly dimm as it discharges.

The capacitor I bought is made in malaysia. Next time got to check and compare prices first. Fortunately it is not an expensive item.
  • JlooiJlooi February 2014
    Hi All,
    Anyone has any good contact to repair the tsurumi pump? I found oil in the pond, believe that the pump is leaking the oil.

Appreciate your help.

Ryan

Hi Spartacus and all,
    For your information everybody, never never... ever go to this WINSON AQUARIUM.(Crazy owners) Shop in Kajang..DESMOND A VERY BIG LIAR.. When u wanna buy things from them ,they will service u good..but their after sales services is damn horrible... Actually we r quite ra regular customer there for quite some time.. Ive call them a few times to clean my Koi pond and even but all the filter n etc etc thing for the pond from them..About 16 months ago Desmond came n clean my pond again n and we also ask him to bring back one of our TSURUMI pump to repaired earlier( its not working at all,ask him to see why he said its repaired but still not working...) so He took it back,,we told him to call us when the pump is fixed... Unfortunately the pond that he cleaned for us ..water leaking at the PVC pipe near backwash filter the next day after his service..so we call him to come n check it out..he came.. But its still leaking, then we call him the third time ...he said hes bz,,He says ' u guys do lah ..very easy ..just try n tighten the pvc pipe...We did try, but its not working...so we called him to let him know...we call n call so many times ..but he didnt even answer our calls...n didnt even call us back... From there we realize their service is not good...so we feel so pissed off wth him....and recently we call him back to check on our TSURUMI pump that he has taken..for so long n no news abt it...This is the dialog
    Me- Hi Desmond, later on we come n collect back the Tsurumi pump that we gave to u last time
    Desmond-Wat pump? Aiyoh for so long already..i forgot wat pump..i dont know ..i dont know..maybe i throw it already...
    Hi all, can u see where the problem is? Pls advice me..cos i didnt get my Tsurumi pump back at all...

Is this the right answer he should give me? No matter how long they Their customer things that they repair in their shop .. They should call us when its done...but they didnt call..
    SO pls we need feed back...n help..thanks
  • JlooiJlooi February 2014
    Typing error - correction- Actually we r quite a regular customer there for quite some time.. Ive call them a few times to clean my Koi pond and even bought all the filter n etc etc thing for the pond from them..About 16 months ago

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership