What do you think?
  • HDCuHDCu December 2013
    I am seriously considering getting one even both of these sibling kohaku as my Christmas gift to myself. Any comment or critic would be appreciated so I can make up my mind.

Heres the video:

kohaku 1: two step
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

kohaku 2: three step
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

• niveknivek December 2013
    Prefer the body of the 2nd kohaku but pattern of the 1st :-j Can you find an even better one with the budget for these 2?
  • HDCuHDCu December 2013
    Interestingly. I find the body of the 1st kohaku better while the 2nd has a better pattern. Both have equal skin quality level. Between the two while the second kohaku looks more muscular the bone structure and the tail tube of the first one is bigger which IMO will allow for future growth and girth. If you look of course at the present the second koi has a better body now. This is my thinking and prediction but I may be wrong of course.
    Post edited by HDCu at 2013-12-10 11:01:08 am
  • ckleecklee December 2013
    Agree with Nivek. :-?
  • pandaipandai December 2013
    If only given a choice from the two; I'll get the 1st one.
    Get Kenkona Koi and Kenkona Bio at special price online at http://kenkonakoi.blogspot.com/
  • KekwaKekwa December 2013
    2nd one for me...the fish looks much stronger overall than the first. Tailtube looks thicker with a smaller tail fin as well
  • Kelvin86Kelvin86 December 2013
    Second piece is better as the first piece the pectoral fins seems crooked.
    - Aquatic Kingdom -
    My style,buy both!! >:-)
  • ikankoikauikankoikau December 2013
    No 2 for sure for me. You can have 10 kohakus like No 1 but not even one of them might turn out to have a body like no 2. No 2 may or may not grow to jumbo as this kohaku doesnt look long due to its bulkiness. It could be a long koi but its bulky. Its a perfect combo. With that body, you will enjoy every inch of it's growth and collect many prizes along the way. You will remember this Xmas present for a long time ;-)
  • ChengAunChengAun December 2013
    Like uncle @cklee said, when you can't decide on one, buy both! :-))
    Be updated in the world of koi. Jangankan seperti "Koi di bawah bottom drain"
    ChengAun,thanks for ur support!! (handshake) .Finally too many fish in pond thn need to kick out a lot.. :-))
  • ChengAunChengAun December 2013
    @cklee Too many fish? Kick out some and buy better ones! :-D
    Be updated in the world of koi. Jangankan seperti "Koi di bawah bottom drain"
    Come,i can offer u some....thn i got reason to buy new one already... >:-)
  • frostbitezfrostbitez December 2013
    i prefer no.2 (sandan) all the way :-D
  • grinkz01grinkz01 December 2013
    i prefer no.2....though i slightly confuse about beni on 2nd pattern...is it different tone or just photo angle? kohaku 1 looks nice and good beni but i doubt body can grow bulky.
  • HDCuHDCu December 2013
    Bro Grinkz01,

Its hard to capture the quality of beni with using just a smart phone especially a moving koi. These two koi have almost similar shade of beni and same thickness of beni quality as well. Kohaku 2 has a slightly better shiroji. Kohaku 1 does have the beautiful maruzume kiwa though. Kohaku 1 also has a bulky body but its head width and tail tube is bigger while its jintai is tall which is why I am confident that I can easily bulk it up in a year or two.

@cklee and CheungAun,

As i said earlier i would probably get both and kick out two koi out of my pond. My problem is that im kicking out two of the best bodied gosanke because of pattern issues.

@Bro Ikankoikau,

I agree with you that the sandan pattern is lovely with a body and beni to boot. With regards if it can win future shows we shall see and hope for the best.

• kolampkolamp December 2013
    If price not an issue, given choice I'll take both & groom together since both have their ow advantages....but if need to choose 1, I'll take the No.2 which have better body & shiroji :-D
  • lautslauts December 2013
    Bro Homer (?)

Seasons greeting to you , lot of cheers coming your way :-D . Just managed to catch a glimpse of the vid, somehow i am attracted to the 1st Torazo Kohaku. pattern is good ( big koi pattern), very neat kiwa and sashi , easy to finish pattern as compared to koi 2. i am bothered with the shoulder pattern of koi 2. I am not worried with the apparently lack of body volume of 1st vs 2nd, they are nisai still. Length of mouth to eye looks short in the 2nd koi, maybe the bulk of 2nd is deceiving in this respect. Do check out the eyes and pects of 1st koi though , good luck.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership