how to cure fungus
  • idrisidris January 2014
    Hi all..observe few of my koi develop fungus probably because of chiller effect..before this I had use kenkona to cater this problem...is there anything else I can use and what is the dosage require? Thanks all..
  • brianlawbrianlaw January 2014
    I just had the same experience because of chiller effect. What I did was bowl the fish and pp bath (low dosage) the effected onces and after 3-4 days, the fungus disappeared. Hope this help.
    Brian tq for the advice...anything else other than pp bath?
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar January 2014
    One of my koi also had fungus due to low temp in my area. One of my friend suggested Methylene Blue at 2g/ton (it takes 2-3 days to clear though). I haven't try it out yet. Hope this info helps. :)

This was discussed here
    http://www.koianswers.com/discussion/comment/4112/#Comment_4112
  • pandaipandai January 2014
    Bro Idris,

I once used a topical medication called "Nika - Fungus Away" on my chagoi who developed fungus and it worked just fine within 2 applications. I still put in a Kenkona dose for good measure for the other occupants on the pond.

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/14952/image.jpg
    Get Kenkona Koi and Kenkona Bio at special price online at http://kenkonakoi.blogspot.com/
    Attachments
    image.jpg 7K
  • ckleecklee January 2014
    Agree wit Sifu Pandai, product "Nika" is quite effective..
    how to use this Nika? Where can i get it?
  • pandaipandai January 2014
    Bro @Idris,

Last time I got mine from Atarikoi. Cheap-cheap only. This is a topical medication so you would actually have to bowl your koi, scrape the fungus layer (I only use natural tool - my fingernail :-D ), then pat the area dry with tissue. Then apply generous amount of the medication. You may have to hold that part of your koi out of the water for a few seconds more to allow the medication to dry a bit.

Mine was gone after 2 applications in a few days period. (I have not tried myself but I was thought by other hobbyists to use propolis spray if you want to keep the medicated area dry). I wonder where I could buy the propolis spray?

Bro @cklee,

I'm no sifu laaa... To be a sifu must win major prize in koi show first la... :-D
    Get Kenkona Koi and Kenkona Bio at special price online at http://kenkonakoi.blogspot.com/
    Actually everyone is Sifu for everyone as everyone's experience is difference. ;-)
    I hv a Baby Champion before,but i sold it already as can not stand my friend keep on asking... =((
    Hi bros.. I just apply matelene blue and sallt 0.05 to treat fungus at my main pond...How long should I wait before I cange water..currently 10% drip from tap water is continuously. ..tq bro

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership