WATERCO FILTRATION SYSTEM
  • urbaneffectsurbaneffects May 2014
    Bros.

Its been a while since hobbyists have started installed Waterco Aquabiome Skid and other equipment to ease the need of hard-work in cleaning conventional filter. Is there any pros & cons in this system that you would like to share? Few friends are constantly discussing the possibility of getting a unit. Seek your comments.. Tq
  • TomyCTomyC May 2014
    Combining mechanical with biofiltration on 1 media is not efficient imo. It's a little like a 2-in-1 shampoo. A bio-media requires surface area for biofiltration. If it's also meant to trap mechanical debris, then its biofiltration capability will be lessened in the process.

Depending on the load that goes through these devices, more frequent cleaning might be required to ensure that the media remains clean. I'm also not sure about the filter's capability to handle larger debris like leaves etc. If there's no leaves or larger debris going through, maybe it can work. The challenge is to stop these media from clogging.

There are also other systems to consider. Drum filters for the mechanical filtration is one.
    Post edited by TomyC at 2014-05-02 02:25:27 pm
  • ShukriShukri May 2014
    Hi there,
    I should be in the position to comment as I converted to Bead Filtration 3 years ago. I use the Bead filter primarily for biological filtration. The larger debris like leaves and so on cant enter the Bead filtration as the sieve basket in the Waterco water pump will sieve these first. As Mechanical filtration, I am using Waterco Multicyclone to sieve out the solid debris.

Flushing the Multicyclone and the Aqua Biome is easy.......... no more back breaking cleaning the filter media.......
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • tghkoitghkoi May 2014
    Is the multi cyclone costly compared to aqua biome?
    Bro Shukri
    Tq for yr input. The cyclone looked small. Can it really remove 80% off the solid waste in the pond?
  • puathiantatpuathiantat May 2014
    Bro Shukri , pls pm the costing for both . Looking an easy maintenance filter system for my new pond ^.^ pretty tied to maintain the traditional up n down filter d :-((
  • ShukriShukri May 2014
    The Multicyclone are pretty amazing units..........
    The cost is a thousand plus RM.......

Go to the Waterco website and read about it.........
    Post edited by Shukri at 2014-05-02 11:40:50 pm
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • ShukriShukri May 2014
    The Bead filter is best for primarily biological filtration........
    A pre filter or a per mechanical filtraction is highly advisable.......
    Post edited by Shukri at 2014-05-04 07:38:09 pm
  • HenryJordanHenryJordan May 2014
    Fix a pond filter blanket in filtration box to remove all the debris from pond and increase pond filter system efficiency.
    Pond filter blanket? Is this the socks net?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership