• hkl84hkl84 May 2014
    Dear all sifus,

My pond was leaking last week so i removed my kois and sent to Yamakoshi tropicana so that i could repair the pond. Now the fishes are back and seems to act normal and eat normal. However, I found that quite a few of them have red spots/patches on their body, it is particularly obvious on the shiroji. I'm not sure if this is due to the handling or it is sunburn/infection/etc.

I am wondering should i put in SS2 (from atari) for prevention/treatment? I cannot put kenkona in as i have dosed the pond with salt. Your advice is much much appreciated.
  • niveknivek May 2014
    Could either be stress of new environment or bacterial infection. How many days have they been back? You may observe them for 1-2 days without doing anything to see if the reddish areas clear up and if not then dose with S1.
  • hkl84hkl84 May 2014
    They are back for 3 days already but i just noticed the reddish areas today.
  • niveknivek May 2014
    Meaning the reddish marks just appeared today?
  • hkl84hkl84 May 2014
    Probably, cause i truly didn't notice it before. But i didn't inspect them up close after they are back so i can be 100% sure.
  • niveknivek May 2014
    I see. I suggest observe them for 1 more day, clean your first chamber and stop feeding for today and tomorrow. If it doesn't subside then you'll need to medicate.
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar May 2014
    Bro, Possible bacteria attack.

When you redo your pond, you should wash the whole pond thoroughly and pp the pond to kill of any possible bacteria. Same goes to the media. If not wash / pp properly, there's possible for bad bacteria to grow and attack the koi.

Although this is old pond, you have to go through NPS all over again. So maintain salt at 0.5% and don't feed your koi for 1 week. Than followed by small feeding.

Please share the pics of the red spot. If redish at certain area, not to worry, if red spot or that area protrude, possible ulcer. Hope the red spot cured. If not go with S1.

Cheers
  • ShukriShukri May 2014
    Pictures and videos will help us to assist you.........
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • hkl84hkl84 May 2014
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/15651/Screen Shot 2014-05-06 at 3.56.30 PM.png
  • hkl84hkl84 May 2014
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/15652/Screen Shot 2014-05-06 at 3.58.49 PM.png
  • hkl84hkl84 May 2014
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/15653/Screen Shot 2014-05-06 at 4.00.06 PM.png
  • hkl84hkl84 May 2014
    i uploaded the photos, these two kois have the most obvious reddish. I also noticed that a lot of fishes are flashing now. Tested ammonia and nitrite, both negative.
  • ShukriShukri May 2014
    Those are not bruises.............. those are starting ulcers..........

I will put Malachite Green........ proven to be successful, also since
    you have salted your pond.........
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • hkl84hkl84 May 2014
    Bro Shukri, I believe the S1 does contain Malachite green? Could you advise me of the duration of the treatment? When should i repeat the treatment and do water change etc?
  • ShukriShukri May 2014
    3 to 5 days cycle......... 2 dosages.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership