Is that ulcer?
  • StanStan June 2014
    Sifu, is that consider ulcer on the tail? Pls help!

I hv quarantined and treated with kenkona koi for 2 weeks, but unfortunately still there and could see the red spot coming out...pls advice, thanks.

http://koianswers.com/discussion/download/15793/DSC_0899a.jpg
  • ShukriShukri June 2014
    Get a close up view please...........
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • ikankoikauikankoikau June 2014
    Bro Stan, not sure you are referring to the tail section or the tail fin(caudal fin). If the tail section, it looks like secondary Hi to me. No skin defect from the photo.

On the tail fin, it's either hi spot or pimple. If pimple, just scrap through with your nail and apply topical or Kenkona pond treatment. It should be fine.
  • StanStan June 2014
    Sifu, sorry is at the tail fin, a close up but not very clear sorry again....
    I tried to scrap it but would not drop....at first just a small lump with skin color, but now had changed to red...
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/15794/DSC_0896c.jpg
    Stan
    Attachments
    DSC_0896c.jpg 198K
  • niveknivek June 2014
    Looks more like koi pox to me. Will go away when temp increases in the pond. No cure and not all kois will get it.
  • StanStan June 2014
    Yes Capt, it looks like a pimple on human hahaha....but i am not familiar with the symtom, new to me....
    Stan
  • ShukriShukri June 2014
    Could be a starting of an Ulcer......... but a small infection only........ try to put tropical application........
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • StanStan June 2014
    Thanks for Sifu advice, would try out....

Bro Kevin, but my pond not cool as urs got fan lol...mine ard 28/29c.
    Stan
  • niveknivek June 2014
    Lol bro @Stan does it look like this?

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/15796/IMG_20140610_082913.jpg
  • idrisidris June 2014
    it will leave a scar..my koi suffer from it last year...until now still can see the mark..probably need SK-11...
  • StanStan June 2014
    Bro Kevin, not really, mine looks like pyramid shape compare to the picture carp pox like a bubble...

Bro Idris, female can share from wife, if male koi would hv to buy ourself.
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/15799/sk-ii-men.jpg
    Post edited by Stan at 2014-06-11 03:52:45 pm
    Stan

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership