BAKKI TOWER
  • paksengpakseng August 2014
    Hi bros & siss... what should be the flow rate for bakki tower (4 trays) to be effective ? Is it the higher the better? Thank you for expert comments.
  • ChengAunChengAun August 2014
    A few factors to consider:
    Do you use a chamber filter/prefilter or is the bakki a standalone?
    Are the water returns above or below the water surface?
    Is your pond square/rectangular or irregular/circular shape?
    What media do you use?
    Be updated in the world of koi. Jangankan seperti "Koi di bawah bottom drain"
    Bro ChengAun
    No its in addition to my chamber filter.. I am trying to improve the water parameter further by lowering my nitrate reading which is currently stable around 50ppm, ammonia low and PH 8 or so.
    Bakki Tower is above water surface and returns on gravity back to water surface
    Pond is rectangular 17ft x 5 ft x 2.5ft incl chamber filter around 30% of size.
    Media intent to use is imitation BH (Taiwanese) cheaper version
    If turnover is less than 1 X of pond volume wud it be effective? Thank you for help.
  • ChengAunChengAun August 2014
    Ideally about 1x per hour is better, even without a bakki shower system. But if you wish to use lower flow rates, it is more like a trickle filter as opposed to a bakki shower. Too high a flow rate on the other hand, there would not be enough time for solids to settle and filter out, though this is quite debatable.
    Sifus, can chip in some wisdom? :)
    Be updated in the world of koi. Jangankan seperti "Koi di bawah bottom drain"
    BRO CHENGAUN THANK YOU
  • JamesJames August 2014
    High turnover rate with packed media can work well too but can cause a huge water level difference between filter and pond. Let us know your stock rate currently and intended stock rate.

All things are in relative. Kois, filter size, media, turnover rate needed, etc.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership