Rotating Drum Filter
  • BillBill September 2014
    Hi,
    Does anyone know where I can purchase a Rotating Drum Filter in Malaysia? Was thinking of a better method to rid koi waste early and not have it decay in water till cleaning time. My current pond has got limitations for rebuilding plus don't want Home Minister put me on eBay.
    Appreciate feedback and comments.
    Thanks. [-O<
  • kwickcutkwickcut October 2015
    have you thought about building one? i dont think they are that involved
  • niveknivek October 2015
    RM15k to buy one here. Think it was shown in the recent koi show in KL.

Here's a diy link if you're planning the diy route.

http://koianswers.com/discussion/comment/25939/#Comment_25939
  • BillBill October 2015
    Thanks Guys. Don't think will build one as I am not technically competent like Bro Alvin. Probably hunt for a commercial unit, hopefully wont be expensive or would have to devise something else.

Wonder if Bro Alvin would like to build another improved model?
    i have net see bro Alvin post in a bit.. wonder if he is still around. he is the one who inspired me to attempt to build my own rdf.. it took some doing but it was well worth the time and effort.. this is a video from when i first installed the unit. i have made many changes and tweaks to the unit but it has been running over a year and is the best thing i have ever added to the pond

• BillBill October 2015
    Looks like you did a good job with the rdf. ^:)^
    How long did it take you from start to end including tweaking and improving?
    What was the cost like?
    I am assuming it is not rocket science.

Thanks bro. (Y)
    i have made 3 units so far.. the original unit start to finish for the box was a about 10 hours. then to build the drum and the rest of the stuff like the building of the controller and install level censer and spray bar setup was about 32 hours. so i figure the total build was just over 40 hours.

then after that the install about 2 hours and then tweaking the censor level was over a few days of running.. as for the upgrades i have done them over the last year.

the next 2 units i added the upgrades and had a better grasp on what i was doing and i had them down to about 20 hours total build time

i have been running the newest unit for the past year and have come up with a few more upgrades and will build a new unit with all the tweaks and upgrades i found that i need.

the cost was about 800 American dollars for the complete unit

this includes

1) all martial to build the box and drum
    2) the drive motor
    3) the screen and all related hardware
    3) the controller with wiring and all components

this is my very first build

• niveknivek October 2015
    Awesome stuff kwickcut
  • BillBill October 2015
    I am sure it was all worth it. Wish I could do it for US$800 in Malaysia X_X but it would cost US$2,500 to buy one!!!
    Great job kwikcut.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership