Pond and water matters
  • BronwellBronwell February 2015
    Good day all

Please could somebody help me urgently.
    My pond gets sunlight 80% of the time and helps algae growth.

I have cleaned the pond of Algea but a foul smell is still evident in the pond.

How can I get rid of this smell?
  • KoiaiiKoiaii February 2015
    Can I know what was your method of clearing the algae out? Perhaps the sifus can advise more.
    Hi Koiaii

I have used a product called Algorem. Then scooped up the algae and did a water change.
  • KoiaiiKoiaii February 2015
    Hi bronwell... Since the Sifus has not responded yet, this is what I think with my limited knowledge. Since algaecide was used, it could be the smell of decaying algae? Of course certain algae emits a very foul smell - Blue green algae. So I guess there might be a number of reasons... Without knowing the pond setup and water parameters or looking at the type of algae, or how long the pond has been running, generally speaking if the water parameters are good the smell should go away. So what better way to do that than change the water gradually until the smell is eliminated... Perhaps sifus can pinpoint the issue.
    Thank u. The smell has subsided after a 25% water change and the koi are swimming nicely.

Thank u for your help.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership