Overflow skimmer
  • Jav14Jav14 July 2015
    hi all,

My another question for my coming pond.

I had few feedback about the surface skimmer and overflow skimmer.
    If im going to build an OS which 24hrs the water refill, is that mean i can skip the SS?
    The advantage of OS is the dirty water will not return to the filter cause it direct to the drain.
    But of course we need to add a valve on the pipe which control the fresh water coming in.

Or is that better to hv both? If im going to build both, normally the SS will be slightly lower than
    The OS right? So it come back to the question the surface flow back to the filter.

Hope to rcvd advise. Thnks

Jav
  • gerrygerry July 2015
    I would go for overflow skimmer... coz I have clean water trickling into the pond 24/7. Works very well for my friend who did it especially if you place the skimmer at a strategic location... Just my humble input.. :)
  • niveknivek July 2015
    OS + 24x7 water drip is an excellent choice
  • HDCuHDCu July 2015
    Isnt OS + 24/7 water to be more wasteful water compared to a movable SS depending on water level along with a 24/7 water refill to optimal water level?
  • JamesJames July 2015
    I think the answer is dependent on totality of system. OS can be in filter too, with SS in pond.
  • Jav14Jav14 July 2015
    tq everyone for the tips, im going to build the SS in the pond and the OS in the filter.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership