Grooming Tips in Preparation for Koi Show
  • pandaipandai October 2016
    Hi guys,

Let me try to fish out (pun intended!) the sifus and the experts out of their hiding by attempting to have a subject to discuss about. In view of the upcoming koi show, what would be your tips and tricks in grooming your kois so that they would be in their tip-top condition just in time for the show? What can you do to improve the water, bulk up the kois or increase their colour intensity, skin quality and lustre? Let's share here for learning for newbies like me... ;-)
  • Jason_SGJason_SG October 2016
    water temp and good water quality should be the key. but I think that will need to start half a year before the comp.
  • pandaipandai October 2016
    1. What about feeding regime? Do I just load them up with 100% colour food or do I still keep a ratio of growth and colour?

2. I once heard of "old water" method where some people purposely did not clean their filter and allow water to get cloudy with high TDS but that will improve skin lustre.
    Get Kenkona Koi and Kenkona Bio at special price online at http://kenkonakoi.blogspot.com/
  • Jason_SGJason_SG October 2016
    1. What about feeding regime? Do I just load them up with 100% colour food or do I still keep a ratio of growth and colour?

for me I will keep a ratio of growth, health and Colour food.

2. I once heard of "old water" method where some people purposely did not clean their filter and allow water to get cloudy with high TDS but that will improve skin lustre.

as for the above old water method I am not sure about it anyone to share???
  • ChengAunChengAun November 2016
    I don't think it's advisable to go 100% colour food and risk the shiroji of fish turning yellow. Best to balance it out and maybe even more on wheatgerm to ensure better shiroji
    Be updated in the world of koi. Jangankan seperti "Koi di bawah bottom drain"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership