Few old remaining memories left at koi.com.my
  • boykoiboykoi June 2011
    i was also wodring out loud why the pictures went gone like fading beni hehe...that forum got me into koi, so sad that the forum isnt that inetersting anymore.if another forum like this would be just as interesting, it would help novices like me a great lot to learn from the masters
  • ChengAunChengAun June 2011
    :-(
    Be updated in the world of koi. Jangankan seperti "Koi di bawah bottom drain"
  • ShukriShukri June 2011
    With God's willing, the same will not happen to Forum. The Administrators and the Moderators will ensure to this..........
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • ashfaqashfaq June 2011
    The reason why Data from old forum is gone will be of following....

1. Moved to New server with only text as backup
    2. Old Data[Images] may be archieved, so unable to fetch properly
    3. Old data[Images] may have been removed to free some space for new uploads, as Image take lot of space in the drive.
    Thanks,
    Ashfaq from India-Chennai
  • PH8PH8 June 2011
    Tategoi CA, I'm amazed you actually saved the photos in your computer. After all, most of us never thought one day the photos there will no longer be retrievable.

I too feel really sad at the way things have turned out. We had all put in so much time and effort there to contribute to the community in our own little way. Although the texts remain, not having the visuals really reduces the impact of the discussion. After all, pictures tell a thousand (or is it a million? :-D ) words.
    Post edited by PH8 at 2011-06-22 12:19:11 am
    I didn't save them. I found them. Yotti's was from koi bito but the same ones that were posted in the forum. The rest were frm koi.com.my
  • StevieStevie June 2011
    I had many pictures, drawings, thousand of words there too...words without the pix is lost words...Anyway got to look ahead and that is koianswers...Thanks to Shukri.
  • PH8PH8 June 2011
    And Bro Andy!! =D>
  • DAVIDSOONDAVIDSOON June 2011
    I saved enough photos and produced this video recently .

The Best is Yet to Come .
  • DanleeDanlee June 2011
    bro David,

This video sure bring back a lot of sweet memories...Thanks for taking time to reproduce this wonderful video.
  • etanoetano June 2011
    We must save the photo of Bro Spencer with his scuba diving gears. That one is a classic!!
    MyKoiKichi.com ~ A new koi blog.
  • st8800st8800 June 2011
    Tategoi ChengAun

Wah u made me malu leh.... my pond and koi really not in the same league as the others like Bro David, Bro Yotti and Bro Catalinbgs. In fact out of the 9 koi featured in the photo... only the Doitsu Sanke is left today in my pond.

I had the pleasure of visiting Bro David's pond again last week. Really helps to renew my efforts to better koi keeping.
    Best
    Spencer
  • ShukriShukri June 2011
    Yes, sad indeed.....but most of us are here. The comradeship will always be there. This goes to prove that no one individual is above the rest. The Koi community comes first. Let's join resources to build back what was lost......

And October 1st is the one year anniversary of Koianswers.com (Andy Sitt should be able to confirm this). And surely a huge 'Thank You' to Andy Sitt for making this Forum a reality.

Andy, want to celebrate or not? Makan at a mamak store will be nice...........hehehehe!
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • nocturnalnocturnal June 2011
    Abang Elmen,

the photo is actually here oredi :-D
    http://www.koianswers.com/discussion/comment/8692/#Comment_8692

• StevieStevie June 2011
    Yeah that was the biggest koi I have ever seen that also lives on land!!! :p
  • PH8PH8 June 2011
    Those were much slimmer times, LOL! :-D
  • megatronmegatron June 2011
    What a sweet memory...... I still save a lot of old forum pics! Will find time to upload some :-))
    Don't ask me why!!!
  • YamatoYamato June 2011
    What happened to the other forum?
  • monscinemonscine June 2011
    hahaha...bro spencer...i did the same thing as you. Infact, I wear all diving gear with Oxygen tube hanging in my back and dive on my 2,25m depth pond after big maintenance and filled my pond with fresh mountain water.

It's really made the bonding with my kois even stronger :-))
  • st8800st8800 June 2011
    Glad I still can put smiles on your faces brothers! :-D
    Best
    Spencer
  • ChengAunChengAun March 2012

This was a good post by uncle David Soon @DAVIDSOON

Water Sources - Natural & tap/city

Water source has not been a much discussed issues here , bcos most of the brothers in this region had been , or can only do with , with what they can get hold off , or what's available in our premises .
    Few types of water source we have in our region , which had been used around our region for our fish pond .
    Natural Well / Ground water , River / stream water , Mountain water .. and lastly or commonly ... Tap / City water .
    While farms tap on well or ground water , some were more fortunate with unpolluted river / stream water .. and the luckier hobbyists like our Indonesian brothers have abundance of Fresh Mountain Water for their ponds .
    The worst type of water ever to be used for fishes ... tap water ... or some would simply call this CITY WATER .

Our tap water , certified safe and free of contaminants , is meant for consumption . The reverse osmosis process while turning these natural water into drinking water , stripped these natural water source clean of contaminants and minerals . These water supplies we have from our taps , are further fine-tuned in akalinity and further chlorinated to ensure germ or bacteria free before it's passed to the main pipes that's linked to out taps . Some believe further enhancement of water quality can be achieved through carbon filters during water change , but would these simple clean water be enough for our Kois ??
    While many were taught water change is healthy , or meant to reduce pollutant levels of our pond , would anyone really believe that these waters from the tap is good enough ??
    Even if these tap waters were dechlorinated and dechloromined , would they be deemed as water good enough for our kois ???
  • DAVIDSOONDAVIDSOON March 2012

Little Brother CA :)

There's much more on water to be learned . Biological and microbiological , Organic and inorganic , ideal water parameter , DOC and contaminants that can pollute our pond water . Water Change and maintenence .... etc .. etc ..

There's so much more in our learning curves .... a lifetime learning . This is why this hobby can bring us a long way , while some would simply give up because ... it's never a easy journey :)

David
    The Best is Yet to Come .
  • weihanweihan March 2012
    Water for Koi fishes is like air for us, before this, i was thinking how to give my Koi the best water condition.. So, i though of using Diamond water filter for everyday water change replacement.. Obvious result can be seen as Koi enjoy the new water alot by increase in their appetite, however, after 3 months of constant water topping up to the pond, the water treatment start to clod with soil and we actually cant clean them up but to change new filter.. It cost too much for me so i decided to stop using this now.. anyone got better idea?
  • monscinemonscine March 2012
    Anybody care to make the summary from the old forum and we print it as a book? Publish it? There are abundant precious informations in the old forum that have been through as real experiences. We publish it under Asian Koi Community Inc. ;-)
  • adleeadlee March 2012
    ive been following the old forum for so long and wondering why its dead with all the precious information that are so useful for most of us koikichi.. sad if its left just as a memory
  • ShukriShukri March 2012
    Bro adlee,
    What had happened to the old Forum is a classic example of 'ONE BAD APPLE CAN SPOIL THE WHOLE BUNCH.' With the confidence and responsibility of the Koianswers owner given to me, I will make sure than such happening will not happen to this Forum. This is a Community, and no single person is above the rest here! Everyone is being treated equal as long as everyone exercise professionalism, empathy and care for others above oneself.
  • ChengAunChengAun March 2012
    Or ONE BAD CHICKEN CAN SPOIL THE WHOLE OF UNCLE SHUKRI'S CHICKEN CURRY! :-D :-))
    Wah CA!!! Learning very fast leh!!! :-)) :-D
  • monscinemonscine March 2012
    Hehehehe....right ChengAun :-))
    Should try uncle Shukri curry sometimes :-D
    Somehow the visitors are more interested in the curry than my koi collection. Bro Handy, have to meet up with you one of these days........ :-D
  • ChengAunChengAun June 2012
    This was an old thread which I want to share here. I found it very informative when I first found it 2 years ago.
    http://www.koi.com.my/forum/KOI_Talk_C1/Koi_Appreciation_F8/Growing_Jumbo_Koi_in_small_pond_P111393

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

test