• tghkoitghkoi September 2011
    These pumps are low
    wattage. For 20,000 litre/hr only 50 watt
    Use for surface agitation
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/3989/Lifetech EP pump.jpg
  • lautslauts September 2011
    Look like the old FOK pump . What is the price and parts availibity ? Where to get it ?

ts
  • ChengAunChengAun September 2011
    Post edited by ChengAun at 2011-09-12 09:25:38 pm
    Be updated in the world of koi. Jangankan seperti "Koi di bawah bottom drain"
    Am looking at the catalog , the wattage is actually 80watt for max output of 28k lit !! They have up to 38k lit cap ! Similar to that of old FOK pump . Priced at less than a 2.15 Tsurumi for output 2x more even at 80% capacity , it is worth a try. Best of all is 80watt compared to 300watt in Tsurumi. Only thing is low head of 1m max , so not very flexible when comes to usage and the 90mm outlet ! . But good enough for my purpose. ;-) Reliability of Lifetech pump any comments ?? Any users ??

ts
  • kominatokominato September 2011
    You will be better off getting a wavemaker like Seio, Tunze, or Koralia with a quarter of the power consumption !
    Wave maker ?? I will be using it like a normal pump except this is external not submerged pump. Not keeping dolphins yet so no wave needed yet :-)) :-))

ts
  • ShukriShukri September 2011
    Sure or not that the Jebo pump at 20K lph is only 50 watt? What the manufacturer claim is normally not true. My suspicion is the wattage will be 200 watt. I forgot who has the gadget that test these similar water pumps.......for the true wattage output.
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    Bro Shukri ,

I raise the same question to them , they have the gadget meter to prove it. I am not surprise , if you recall the old FOK pump has similar specs. But set up is not flexible as head very low. They have another spec of pumps with higher head hence wattage but similar capacity such as 170W for 25k lit/hrs right up to 100k lit/hrs mainly for commercial use. Worth checking out for the price.

ts
  • ShukriShukri September 2011
    Hi CA, where is the place so that I can go to check it out?
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • tghkoitghkoi September 2011
    Bro Sukri, I have misread the specs
    As Lau pointed out is it 80 watt for 28K output
  • KaajKaaj September 2011
    How does this work? Is it draw pump ie. you have to stick it into the return filter chamber and it pumps directly into the pond?

If it has low head, does that mean it has to be back to back from the pump chamber?
    kaaj ,

You can see one of these same design old FOK pump in Kelana Jaya koi . Your understanding is correct. It cannot pump more than 3 ft high and it is an external pump . Work and looks like one of those outboard motor on boats , with propeller to push water above and out the outlet ? Not much in look but good for capacity and electricity cost consideration IMHO.
    Congrats on your win, did you get any auction koi ? i left after my targets went above what i am willing to pay.

ts

Thanks for the clarification bro...

Judging from the picture, the filter chamber cover will need to be removed in order to accomodate the pumps head. Bit of a hazard, and a major eye sore.

Managed to get 63cm konishi sanke :)
    Post edited by Kaaj at 2011-09-13 09:39:28 pm
    Very nice looking sanke , female ? The pump design is a put off unless you have some rock work to hide it. I will likely check on the 170W 25k lit submerged pump , more conventional design. If true , half power consumption but double the output :O of the 2.15 Tsurumi.

ts
    She is female. You want to put her in your pond :-D

If you look at the picture below, i wonder if the pump can be installed there (red circle) and draw water directly from the pond. The water will then be pumped into the trove (blue circle) where I can add some filter media before it falls back into the pond. The red circle area is now full of spider lilies, so can hide the pump.

http://koianswers.com/discussion/download/4103/koi%20pond%20waterfall%20circle.JPG

Hence I wont have to run the water feature pump daily. Your opinion?
    Post edited by Kaaj at 2011-09-13 11:20:43 pm
    Wah Bro Kaaj ,

I have problem QT this beauty , now QT occupied by a koi healing from ulcer. You know my principles on QT lah . Will @-) come back to you on this once settle the koi.

Pump thingy , don't spoil the look with the pump in pond. Nice looking now bro. What is the issue to run the feature pump ? Will update you later on the pump i am interested in once i check it out over weekend.

ts

• KevinKevin December 2011
    Bro ts did you manage to test this pump?
  • lautslauts December 2011
    No not this FOK copy due to inflexible arrangement . I did get the 170w 25k lit submerged one . So far so good 3 month on . Pict is on another thread.

ts
  • k0kwa1k0kwa1 March 2014
    Post edited by k0kwa1 at 2014-03-01 11:59:38 pm
  • k0kwa1k0kwa1 March 2014
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/15243/rsz_11rsz_pump.png

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership